LTT Screwdriver shipping condition

Jogius

I finally received my LTT Screwdriver in the mail (already built one at LTX, but that one turned out to have a defect)!

Even though the box looked totally fine from the outside, the inside was a little ... well, wrecked. Bits flying around, things being mashed together – does this happen often? I mean, they had to ship it over the atlantic, so I'm not blaming anyone, but damn, that packaging looked so rigid!

Still very much looking forward to using this is my upcoming projects. Thanks for making cool merch!

20230922_113302.jpg

20230922_113304.jpg

20230922_113402.jpg

I'm still waiting for mine, been ordered LTT screwdrivers on Lime day and still waiting for delivery

I will share as well if it's in good packaging condition or not

49 minutes ago, Jogius said:

Bits flying around, things being mashed together – does this happen often?

Kinda hard to justify if LTT support will cover this, since it's not product defect

But if you're lucky, this thread may raise concern for the CVO and might get covered in tomorrow's WAN Show

And ultimately, LTT will improve the security of the screwdriver packaging, especially after CVO and master Skywalker Lafreniere undisclosed these screwdriver has more profit margin compared to the other merchandise

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

1 hour ago, ImWilly said:

Kinda hard to justify if LTT support will cover this, since it's not product defect

But if you're lucky, this thread may raise concern for the CVO and might get covered in tomorrow's WAN Show

And ultimately, LTT will improve the security of the screwdriver packaging, especially after CVO and master Skywalker Lafreniere undisclosed these screwdriver has more profit margin compared to the other merchandise

Haha I love that paragraph. I'm not looking for any coverage, the screwdriver is totally fine, I'm just wondering if shipping across the ocean might be much harsher on packages

This seems to be issue of using only cardboard as material and physics.

The extra bits are in thin cardboard sleeve which is precision fit into cardbvoard base. This will work fine as long as whole package is mainly upright. If its longer periods upside down, eventually gravity will do its trick. Bit of shaking will always help. So thats bits holder loose and moving about. 

Screwdriver itself is hold down with also just precision fitting. There's more friction since there's more surface area, and you can see it has tried to break free, but just hasn't had enough force to really rip the cardboard.

The bits are magnetic, shaft is susceptible for magnetic parts (most likely some sort of high iron composite). So the bits will move towards shaft, but also away because of continuing movements. This is why the holder has opened and why all the bits are gathered around the tip of the shaft.

How to fix this? With foam that give pressure fit. Or without foam, having less space from top of the package to anything that has possibility or room to move. Or using straps that will keep pieces from moving longer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Jogius said:

I'm not looking for any coverage

Yeah, but it's nice to have to get their attention for awareness on improving the screwdriver packaging design

I have ordered for international shipping to the other side of hemisphere (it has been 3 months since I place my order), my screwdriver probably has been through a lot because of inspection process at each facilities. 

I will share to you about the unboxing experience and how messed or neat my package by then.

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Bit packaging isn't ideal.

A short adhesive tape for the bit box would resolve all the cases of the bit sticking to the screw driver and scratching it. There are also different options how you can fold/latch it that are stronger but this might require consulting with an patent attorney.

People never go out of business.

2 hours ago, ImWilly said:

get their attention for awareness on improving the screwdriver packaging design

That's exactly why I'm posting - I hope they will work on this a little more. As someone has already said, this could probably be fixed by a single strip of adhesive. I think that would be worth the plastic, considering the damage being done to much larger and more expensive parts.

1 hour ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Bit packaging isn't ideal.

A short adhesive tape for the bit box would resolve all the cases of the bit sticking to the screw driver and scratching it. There are also different options how you can fold/latch it that are stronger but this might require consulting with an patent attorney.

This is our standard practice but it seems like this particular one got missed. We'll follow up with the warehouse and make sure this is just a one-off.

OP, if your screwdriver has any scuff marks or anything like that (hard for me to see in your photos honestly) feel free to send us an email at the link in my signature and we can help you out. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

15 hours ago, Adam Pilolla said:

OP, if your screwdriver has any scuff marks

Suprisingly, the bits all look great, no scuffs on the black coating. However, the shaft did suffer - looks like the bits banged against it.

20230923_113339.thumb.jpg.21eceb1b457dacca7ad6d7f1a9db865a.jpg20230923_113101.thumb.jpg.419b6ad06906a82e3ecd4d3d016b78b8.jpg

I'll contact support and explain the situation, thanks a lot 😄

bruh it's a screwdriver - it's going to get much deeper scratches from normal usage.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

5 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

bruh it's a screwdriver - it's going to get much deeper scratches from normal usage.

Yeah but it's brand new, I don't blame them for wanting it to be fresh/undamaged when it arrives. LTTStore will help them out with it.

I bought mine from the store and it was shipped to the UK, it was mint no problems and no flying bits

Hi @Jogius

My screwdriver just arrived few minutes ago, and here's how it looks like

Basically it looks great, the bit set box got thrown to the right side, but not scattered like yours, so there's no visible scratches on the metal shaft finishing (at least until I start using the screwdriver which is normal)

The adhesive for holding the bit box is not found, so hopefully this could just be an one-off for LTT screwdriver manufacturer / packer

The housing box is a bit pressed, but I think it's normal because of air and sea freight nature

P.S.

The picture of the screwdriver and bit set in the box is as is before I remove from the box 

LTTScrewdriverbox.thumb.jpg.7687551a53a7c0af7bc072ce3c36b0f8.jpgFocusview.thumb.jpg.5e2416d1d74956d1139877b3bc7ddbd2.jpgLTTScrewdriver.thumb.jpg.7ef62d23b4f9abcabcff60d74d85f990.jpg

Phone:

On 9/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, Adam Pilolla said:

This is our standard practice but it seems like this particular one got missed. We'll follow up with the warehouse and make sure this is just a one-off.

OP, if your screwdriver has any scuff marks or anything like that (hard for me to see in your photos honestly) feel free to send us an email at the link in my signature and we can help you out. 🙂

There was a question about a piece of tape for the bits if this is the standard practice part to have a piece of tape. I have ordered several screwdrivers and sets of bits they have all just had the fold and inserted on its self no tape. A couple have come loose from the slot haven't had any come open yet.

At least yours came with everything... My stubby didn't come with the bits....  Emailed support, hopefully I'll hear back soon.