[Help] ARGB fans without ARGB MB header

Muffin.
Go to solution Solved by NorKris,

we have:

- USB controllers:                    Corsair Node pro (with adapter), cooler master ARGB controller

-"reset button" controllers:  Cooler master controller, 

- convert 12v to argb:          Deep cool storm converter(makes ARGB devices "RGB" but follows MB command

- IR remote controllers:       mostly no-names from ali express

Hello,

I just received a new case and fans and started wondering if even can get the fan lights working and control them.

• Fans: DeepCool FC120

So the problem is that the fans are ARGB, but I don't have an ARGB or even RGB header on my motherboard (ASRock B450M-HDV).

Some questions for you:

• It's probably not worth to invest in a new motherboard with AM4 socket, that has ARGB header, as there already are AM5 socket CPU's, right?
  • I googled and found out that ARGB controllers might be the fix for me, but maybe there are some other suggestions from you?
  • Aren't there like USB -> ARGB adapters (thought of that because I believe the controllers work with USB)?
  • If controllers are the only logical option, then maybe you can suggest some as well?

Thanks in advance.

we have:

- USB controllers:                    Corsair Node pro (with adapter), cooler master ARGB controller

- convert 12v to argb:          Deep cool storm converter(makes ARGB devices "RGB" but follows MB command

12 hours ago, NorKris said:

we have:

Okey, thanks!
So I'm looking at cooler master's controllers.
Which one do you think would be the best (considering that I now have 4 ARGB  fans, but thinking of replacing other ones for ARGB as well):

• Cooler Master's "Hub Controller" or
  • Cooler Master's "Mini Controller"?

I went thru this same thing with my build. I wanted rgb fans on my build, but i wanted good fans and they dont come with rgb, so i had to go this route also. I got this:https://gelidsolutions.com/product/amber5-remote-argb-controller/

This was great cause its running all my Phanteks Halo Lux RGB frames, its got 300 different programs and color combinations and it comes with a remote to do it with. Nice and easy and seperated from the mobo so i dont have to worry about it having some problem and messing with the rest of the setup etc... Now my whole rgb setup can just go to the next build. This one here is a fan and rgb controller, but i have my fans setup on a Lamptron FC2 heavy duty fan controller. I wasnt going to put my really nice Noctua IPPC 3000 and EK Furious Vardar 3000 fans to that box!

12 hours ago, Muffin. said:

Okey, thanks!
So I'm looking at cooler master's controllers.
Which one do you think would be the best (considering that I now have 4 ARGB  fans, but thinking of replacing other ones for ARGB as well):

• Cooler Master's "Hub Controller" or
  • Cooler Master's "Mini Controller"?

never used them for my builds, some ppl say they are bad

On 9/22/2023 at 4:13 AM, AI_Must_Di3 said:

I went thru this same thing with my build. I wanted rgb fans on my build, but i wanted good fans and they dont come with rgb, so i had to go this route also. I got this:https://gelidsolutions.com/product/amber5-remote-argb-controller/

This was great cause its running all my Phanteks Halo Lux RGB frames, its got 300 different programs and color combinations and it comes with a remote to do it with. Nice and easy and seperated from the mobo so i dont have to worry about it having some problem and messing with the rest of the setup etc... Now my whole rgb setup can just go to the next build. This one here is a fan and rgb controller, but i have my fans setup on a Lamptron FC2 heavy duty fan controller. I wasnt going to put my really nice Noctua IPPC 3000 and EK Furious Vardar 3000 fans to that box!

only problem with it is the cheap controller. and dose it remember what your selected when powered off?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 9/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, thrasher_565 said:

only problem with it is the cheap controller. and dose it remember what your selected when powered off?

When it comes to these ARGB/Fan boxes, theyre all cheaply made and from China probably by the same company really, lol. Yes, it remembers its settings even if i shut down my psu, turn off the multi outlet surge protector too and come back in a couple days and turn it all back on. Ive done it a few times now cause weve had some crazy thunderstorms in the last year, so no worrys there.

14 minutes ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

When it comes to these ARGB/Fan boxes, theyre all cheaply made and from China probably by the same company really, lol. Yes, it remembers its settings even if i shut down my psu, turn off the multi outlet surge protector too and come back in a couple days and turn it all back on. Ive done it a few times now cause weve had some crazy thunderstorms in the last year, so no worrys there.

i got a few other controllers i need to test but need power to it. one has an "ok" ish remote. one has buttons on the controller.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09Y8J3K11?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BW9VC63X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XBY1CV9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 try wled

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0B6PMFCDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is another one but didnt come with the cables...

https://www.amazon.ca/Controller-Remote-Control-133Modes-Chasing/dp/B07KMJG98M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17A20YCOQDSM7&keywords=dream+color+controller&qid=1695687210&s=electronics&sprefix=dream+color+controller%2Celectronics%2C133&sr=1-3

then there dmx but have no idea were to start... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Yeah, see what you linked there they only had a couple of them a few years ago and they were stupid expensive just for rgb control, so i went with the rgb/fan boxes cause they were cheaper and did exactly what i needed. The fan control is a plus on them even though i dont use it, but i could if i need to. Corsair's setup is really stupid cause they link you to the rgb/fan box and make you use software on the pc, then charge you a crazy amount of money for a worst working product, which just ticked me off.