Any Locksmiths on the Forum?

Rocketdog2112

After the recent fallout about Liberty Safes giving up a master unlocking code to a customers safe at the unwarranted request of the feds, I've decided to change out my digital lock on my Liberty gun safe with a mechanical combination lock.

Expert and experienced advice on a good mechanical combination dail lock is needed as that field is quite confusing. Group this and that, spy proof, 3 and 4 wheel etc, locking tumbler etc.

Then there's all the manufacturers such as S&G, LaGard, BigRed etc.

After a little bit of research, the BigRed products, a well as their way of doing business stands out.

I watched a YouTube video while staying at a Motel 6, so i should be able to do the swap out myself.

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

4 hours ago, Caroline said:

I'll just say if the lockpicking lawyer can open it with a bent paperclip then it's bad

the lockpicking lawyer is he dose not post anything that is good... and he dose have skills...

if some one wants in they will get in...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 hours ago, Caroline said:

I'll just say if the lockpicking lawyer can open it with a bent paperclip then it's bad

And this has what to do with my post? Are you an experienced locksmith? Obvious post padding. 

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the lockpicking lawyer is he dose not post anything that is good... and he dose have skills...

if some one wants in they will get in...

Obviously you're not an experienced locksmith with the advice i am looking for. So please refrain from posting padding. 

9 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

And this has what to do with my post? Are you an experienced locksmith? Obvious post padding. 

9 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Obviously you're not an experienced locksmith with the advice i am looking for. So please refrain from posting padding. 

If you want professional advice from a locksmith, go hire one. Don't post on a forum and then get mad when people reply.

A combination lock is arguably no more secure, since it can be brute forced by checking every possible combination. There are tools that do it automatically within a few hours. If you're worried about law enforcement accessing the safe a combination lock isn't going to stop them. A lock will never completely prevent somebody from accessing it, it will only deter or delay. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If you want professional advice from a locksmith, go hire one. Don't post on a forum and then get mad when people reply.

A combination lock is arguably no more secure, since it can be brute forced by checking every possible combination. There are tools that do it automatically within a few hours. If you're worried about law enforcement accessing the safe a combination lock isn't going to stop them. A lock will never completely prevent somebody from accessing it, it will only deter or delay. 

You didn't answer the question, obviously post padding 🤣

(Off-Topic doesn't increase post count, which is meaningless, anyway)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

21 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

You know what else opens any safe? An afternoon and an angle grinder

And you know what stops them in an afternoon? 

A lawyer. So shut the F up. 

<-- Thread Locked -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card