High CPU and GPU temps

Astral.

I recently upgraded from a 2060 super to a 6800xt. My current rig is a 5900x with H100i 240mm and a 6800xt in a 4000x. I was looking at my temps lately and I've noticed they were quite high. Around 70 degree idle on the CPU and around 52 degrees on the GPU. Under a synthetic load (cinebench and furmark) the CPU hits 80 degrees with the GPU at 91 with a hotspot of 99. When I play cyberpunk, both sit around 80 degrees, with the GPU hotspot of 90. I feel like these temps are kinda high? I'm not sure if it's because my case is too small, or my fans are too slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated Pictures of my idle and max temps are below, along with a picture of my case so someone can tell me if it's too small. 

temps.png

thumbnail_IMG_0133.jpg

27 minutes ago, Astral. said:

I recently upgraded from a 2060 super to a 6800xt. My current rig is a 5900x with H100i 240mm and a 6800xt in a 4000x. I was looking at my temps lately and I've noticed they were quite high. Around 70 degree idle on the CPU and around 52 degrees on the GPU. Under a synthetic load (cinebench and furmark) the CPU hits 80 degrees with the GPU at 91 with a hotspot of 99. When I play cyberpunk, both sit around 80 degrees, with the GPU hotspot of 90. I feel like these temps are kinda high? I'm not sure if it's because my case is too small, or my fans are too slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated Pictures of my idle and max temps are below, along with a picture of my case so someone can tell me if it's too small. 

temps.png

thumbnail_IMG_0133.jpg

If you are using some default fan profile then yes, its likely the CPU is not getting optimally cooled as the default probably wont ramp the fans up to full speed.

GPU on the other hand, it is rather restricted in that case.  I know on my 4090 I found what really made a huge difference was that I had a space below it exactly the same height as the intake fan and I moved the bottom fan to blow exactly into that space.  Blowing under the PSU shroud dramatically reduces how effective that intake is.

I wouldn't be surprised if losing the middle fan and moving the bottom one slightly higher might actually perform better, as I found having a fan blowing on the end of the GPU does very little.  Then again, my case is huge.

I also wonder about the anti-sag bracket, could it be reducing airflow?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

8 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If you are using some default fan profile then yes, its likely the CPU is not getting optimally cooled as the default probably wont ramp the fans up to full speed.

GPU on the other hand, it is rather restricted in that case.  I know on my 4090 I found what really made a huge difference was that I had a space below it exactly the same height as the intake fan and I moved the bottom fan to blow exactly into that space.  Blowing under the PSU shroud dramatically reduces how effective that intake is.

I wouldn't be surprised if losing the middle fan and moving the bottom one slightly higher might actually perform better, as I found having a fan blowing on the end of the GPU does very little.  Then again, my case is huge.

I also wonder about the anti-sag bracket, could it be reducing airflow?

I have changed my fan curves to ramp to 100% at around 75 degrees on the CPU so I don't believe that to be the issue. I will try moving the fans tomorrow morning to see if that lowers the temps. Thanks for the help

4 hours ago, Astral. said:

I have changed my fan curves to ramp to 100% at around 75 degrees on the CPU so I don't believe that to be the issue. I will try moving the fans tomorrow morning to see if that lowers the temps. Thanks for the help

I mean if that doesn't help, you can reverse the radiator fans to intake, though that would suck for appearance as you wont be able to see the RGB any more.  Trouble is, its GPU temp that is more the issue here if you're happy with how the CPU is clocking under load.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 9/15/2023 at 4:52 PM, Astral. said:

I recently upgraded from a 2060 super to a 6800xt. My current rig is a 5900x with H100i 240mm and a 6800xt in a 4000x

Take off the front Tempered glass panel.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25