Looking to do a sleeper in the Thermaltake SHARK VA7000BWA

Treewalker2

Looking to mod the Thermaltake SHARK VA7000BWA, wondering which setup to put inside.

Trying to install a good spec recent parts that don't run hot bearing in mind the reduced airflow.

Have a couple of 5.5" port to fan converters that I had 3d printed for increased airflow in the front of the PC.

Will be dremaling out airflow cutouts on the front door

Do you possibly have any images of what your trying to achieve? Id love to take a look at them if you do as ive done something similar myself with a fan in the 5.5 bays

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Just build a normal pc in it?

This case is fine as it uses a side vented airflow path which is great for the gpu and good depending on the cpu cooler.

No need to mess up the door or anything here as the case as is stock is fine.

I have built modern systems in similar old cases and basically treat them like current day mesh itx boxes. They work totally fine as is and dont need anything extra just make good cooling choces.

Besides the front door is the enitre look of this case. Destroying that makes it kinda pointless.

Lil brother currently uses a similar zalman case from way back and basically on the side is air in. A ryzen 3900x and rtx 3080 are doing totally fine in it.

What hardware will go in this?

Case doesn't even look that old to do a sleeper build in. Should be very easy no?

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Just build a normal pc in it?

This case is fine as it uses a side vented airflow path which is great for the gpu and good depending on the cpu cooler.

No need to mess up the door or anything here as the case as is stock is fine.

I have built modern systems in similar old cases and basically treat them like current day mesh itx boxes. They work totally fine as is and dont need anything extra just make good cooling choces.

Besides the front door is the enitre look of this case. Destroying that makes it kinda pointless.

Lil brother currently uses a similar zalman case from way back and basically on the side is air in. A ryzen 3900x and rtx 3080 are doing totally fine in it.

What hardware will go in this?

That's more the input I needed for this project, I would be dremaling the faux air vents on the front to actually make them function but I need an idea of what to install in there (in terms of CPU GPU)

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

Case doesn't even look that old to do a sleeper build in. Should be very easy no?

Should be fairly easy but I'm just concerned about the cooling for the internal components, I want some ideas of efficient hardware to install that doesn't overheat the entire pc and throttle 

3 hours ago, Treewalker2 said:

That's more the input I needed for this project, I would be dremaling the faux air vents on the front to actually make them function but I need an idea of what to install in there (in terms of CPU GPU)

Budget?

I mean this case has legit better airflow than a nzxt h510 and you know what people put in there 😛

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

Budget?

I mean this case has legit better airflow than a nzxt h510 and you know what people put in there 😛

Budget would be about £1500-2000 but I don't mind searching for second hand parts and the budget isn't concrete (just the sort of price range I expect to end up at)