What do these plugs do in the back of my GPU?

woochikaboo

I know what the HDMI is and I know that the bottom one on the right plugs into an adapter to my VGA into my 10 year old monitor but what deos thew DP do and the one on the top? The one on the top is slightly different from the one on the top.

p02142_bigimage_180251a5c61466400.jpg

Some in-depth explanation would be nice please, thanks.

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

DP is display port and the other two are slightly different types of DVI. All are to plug into monitors of appropriate input.

Display Port

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

People have explained DP, but those DVI ports are slightly different. The top one is DVI-D which only carries a digital video signal, and the one on the bottom carries both digital and analogue video signals.  

The other dvi port carries only a digital signal whereas the bottom one also carries an analog signal(why vga adapter works). The display port is just another interface like display port or hdmi.

Display port , good for carrying high bandwidth digital signal , used in high bitrate color accurate proffessional grade content like 4k & 10 bit panel monitor. Even better than 'Dual link DVI' Cables , and for 4K lossless content & color critical application , it's a must.

it's tiny but packs a punch. there's also mini display port wit similar capabilities but smaller port frame.

:ph34r:  a ninja never smiles

Details separate people.

Display port , good for carrying high bandwidth digital signal , used in high bitrate color accurate proffessional grade content like 4k & 10 bit panel monitor. Even better than 'Dual link DVI' Cables , and for 4K lossless content & color critical application , it's a must.

it's tiny but packs a punch. there's also mini display port wit similar capabilities but smaller port frame.

:ph34r:  a ninja never smiles

Okay I want to plug in a second monitor that isn't HDMI, but the DVI cable thingy has 4 pins on the right, it's not gonna fit, wat do?

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

Okay I want to plug in a second monitor that isn't HDMI, but the DVI cable thingy has 4 pins on the right, it's not gonna fit, wat do?

you should get a dvi-d cable for the second monitor i presume (one with no extra 4 pins), since the other one you already using is dvi-i port (with the extra 4 pin slot) . 

Details separate people.