Odyssey OLED G9 Display issues

binyamin

I am unable to get the monitor to display in fullscreen ultrawide. I've tried using the included DisplayPort cable, included micro HDMI-> HDMI cable as well as a 3rd party HDMI cable. I am however able to use half the screen in the Mutli View mode at 2560x1440 resolution @ 60Hz. Attempting to go fullscreen or raising the refresh rate to 120Hz results in a error message appearing. Monitor drivers and graphics drivers are up to date. GPU is a RTX 4090.
https://imgur.com/a/n7niM73
I've tried the Samsung support chat without any luck. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.
Thank you. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 hours ago, binyamin said:

I am unable to get the monitor to display in fullscreen ultrawide. I've tried using the included DisplayPort cable, included micro HDMI-> HDMI cable as well as a 3rd party HDMI cable. I am however able to use half the screen in the Mutli View mode at 2560x1440 resolution @ 60Hz. Attempting to go fullscreen or raising the refresh rate to 120Hz results in a error message appearing. Monitor drivers and graphics drivers are up to date. GPU is a RTX 4090.
https://imgur.com/a/n7niM73
I've tried the Samsung support chat without any luck. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.
Thank you. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi. 

I see you are trying to configure it in nvidia control panel.. 

have you changed settings in windows settings too? 

right click on the desktop and go into display settings. 

scroll down to advanced, and sett frequenzy there too.. 

it doesn't always work if you only set it at one place. 

i have a odyssey G7 32 inch running at 240hz. and had to do that. 

after a windows update it would only show left half of the screen in the middle when running 240hz in HDR mode.. but that got fixed after a monitor firmware update. 

you can set it up on the monitor too.. and if you want g-sync to work it has to be set up on the monitor first. 

10 minutes ago, Robchil said:

Hi. 

I see you are trying to configure it in nvidia control panel.. 

have you changed settings in windows settings too? 

right click on the desktop and go into display settings. 

scroll down to advanced, and sett frequenzy there too.. 

it doesn't always work if you only set it at one place. 

i have a odyssey G7 32 inch running at 240hz. and had to do that. 

after a windows update it would only show left half of the screen in the middle when running 240hz in HDR mode.. but that got fixed after a monitor firmware update. 

you can set it up on the monitor too.. and if you want g-sync to work it has to be set up on the monitor first. 

My Windows settings and Nvdia settings are setup the same, even with this I get the same error on the monitor when I attempt to go fullscreen. I haven't been able to find a gsync/freesync/adaptive setting on the monitor, only the "game mode".

samsunghelp.png

5 minutes ago, binyamin said:

My Windows settings and Nvdia settings are setup the same, even with this I get the same error on the monitor when I attempt to go fullscreen. I haven't been able to find a gsync/freesync/adaptive setting on the monitor, only the "game mode".

samsunghelp.png

On the monitor under Game you should find adaptive sync. that needs to be turned on. ... well selection might differ  on the models tho. 

i have a button under neath in the middle i have to press in. then push back. to get menues.. under game mine says adaptive sync. 

where it says 59 or 60hz in those two screens there are no other options in the pull down? 

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

30 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

i fully agree, but he has only 60hz.. and should able to change it in those two screens. 

5 hours ago, -rascal- said:

I am unable to launch my monitor fullscreen at all so I cannot access these resolutions/refresh rates combonations. The only way I'm currently able to view my PC with the monitor is through the Multiview mode which is capped at 2560x1440p@60hz. Any attempt to go higher results in the error message you see in the first image on imgur.

11 minutes ago, binyamin said:

I am unable to launch my monitor fullscreen at all so I cannot access these resolutions/refresh rates combonations. The only way I'm currently able to view my PC with the monitor is through the Multiview mode which is capped at 2560x1440p@60hz. Any attempt to go higher results in the error message you see in the first image on imgur.

yeah and 8 bit..  it should be 32bit.. so something is serious wrong. 

anyway, i would use displayport on your monitor as it supports higher resolutions than hdmi does. 

is it a new displayport cable?. make sure it is DP cable v 1.4 if it's not new and you don't know what it is i would invest in a new DP 1.4 cable so you are sure it's not the problem. 

10 minutes ago, Robchil said:

yeah and 8 bit..  it should be 32bit.. so something is serious wrong. 

anyway, i would use displayport on your monitor as it supports higher resolutions than hdmi does. 

is it a new displayport cable?. make sure it is DP cable v 1.4 if it's not new and you don't know what it is i would invest in a new DP 1.4 cable so you are sure it's not the problem. 

It is the included displayport cable.

10 minutes ago, binyamin said:

It is the included displayport cable.

have you tried to boot into safe mode with network.. download display driver uninstaller (DDU) ..  remove your nvidia driver..  download the last nvidia driver and unplugg your network cable until your done installing the driver... so it don't auto install some old crap from windows update. 

9 minutes ago, Robchil said:

have you tried to boot into safe mode with network.. download display driver uninstaller (DDU) ..  remove your nvidia driver..  download the last nvidia driver and unplugg your network cable until your done installing the driver... so it don't auto install some old crap from windows update. 

I'll try this

Using some shenanigans with another monitor I am able to access and change the settings for the G9 monitor, however applying them gives the same error.image.png.80b2c8a817be56368d9708dda54efd81.png

• 2 months later...

I ran into this problem pretty recently also & found atleast what my problem was if it helps anyone else.

If you go into your device manager to where your display adapters are, you should see your onboard graphics & your graphics card output. For mine, i'm running a 7900XTX Red Devil, & it was showing there was a windows problem actually utilizing the driver & defaulting to using my on-board graphics instead. If the graphics card isn't running correctly, try right click on the graphics driver for your card & just try to run an update.

For me that worked, but your miles may vary.

My original problem was that it randomly went from 5120x1440@240Hz down to 3840x1080@60Hz & was locked there until i went to the Device Manager & did the solution above. Gaming mode was on & running on DP that was included in the box.

Hope it helps anyone else that might run into the problem also