Argb vs AURA RGB header?

Yoshimitsu

Hey 

My motherboard has one Aura RGB header and 3 Gen 2 ARGB headers.

The pinouts are different as well.

I will most likely use a hub for all my rgbs and fans. http://www.barrowint.com/product/dgzjjkzq/1173.html

Does it matter which header i connect it to? The header supports both 12V and 5V and is externally powered by a sata cable.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to adjust the brightness of external leds via software?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_20230910_232243.jpg

23 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Hey 

My motherboard has one Aura RGB header and 3 Gen 2 ARGB headers.

The pinouts are different as well.

I will most likely use a hub for all my rgbs and fans. http://www.barrowint.com/product/dgzjjkzq/1173.html

Does it matter which header i connect it to? The header supports both 12V and 5V and is externally powered by a sata cable.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to adjust the brightness of external leds via software?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_20230910_232243.jpg

The Barrow website clearly lists the cable as being 5V to the motherboard. Connecting a 5V cable to a 12V header can short out the motherboard and or the RGB device.

1 hour ago, Applefreak said:

The Barrow website clearly lists the cable as being 5V to the motherboard. Connecting a 5V cable to a 12V header can short out the motherboard and or the RGB device.

no it's 5-12V image.png.e619415a8ac0f68c0d674faa902b8ebf.png

1620973222115850.jpg

some mb have and argb header that can be 5v or 12v by moving a jumper. that is were the newer gen come in.

the BARROW hub can do5v argb and 12v fan but i think there are proprietary connectors only used on there argb stuff or some of it.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links