About Newegg International Warranty

TDoC

Hi, I'm about to build an ITX system and I want to buy a Gigabyte B650-I Aorus Ultra ITX AM5 mobo from Newegg. I live in Turkey and Newegg sells and delivers to Turkey officially with free shipping. That's cool. They also give 30 days for return or refund. I asked yesterday a Newegg agent via chat for the warranty of the product after that 30-day period and they kindly said that the product will be trash. Is that true? Does anyone here have any experience with this topic? Even If the Newegg refuses does Gigabyte help me with the warranty RMA etc.? There is no ITX AM5 board in my country at a reasonable price. 

The warranty outside the 30 day return period from Newegg would fall to Gigabyte indeed unless I'm missing something obvious.

Edit:

To clarify newegg offers a return policy with a specific window, any warranty issues are not their problem, those go to the manufacturer of said product, especially if that return window is expired. The only exception to this is if, for some reason, you puchase a warranty plan during checkout which isn't something I advise since it's just a third party and they generally don't do anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

^

After the return window, you'd have to contact Gigabyte to RMA the board, not newegg.

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

The warranty outside the 30 day return period from Newegg would fall to Gigabyte indeed unless I'm missing something obvious.

That would depend, in the UK the first place you go is the retailer, then they will tell you what to do. I have RMA'd to retailers before and also manufacturers. But in the UK generally the retailer is your first attempt to resolve an issue with your product.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

In US warranty is commonly done through manufacturer. In Europe, it usually goes through vendor.

Gigabyte might give warranty. But they don't seem to have anything publicly available on the subject. Quick search suggests that you get 1 year international warranty if product is sold in your region.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You need to check if Gigabyte allow RMA from overseas buyer. Due to some regional deal and regulation they might not allow it.

P.s. you need to be scecific where you are as the regulations might be different in some countries.

I seen some of these issues with phone

You can allways send back to the USA(or where it is the country of origin) and do the RMA there.

That is the deal with importing by yourself, you also deal with getting it out of the country to fix and back.

But, after 30 days you are on your own from Newegg because they will not pay for international shipping.

1 hour ago, Kresnik-02 said:

You can allways send back to the USA(or where it is the country of origin) and do the RMA there.

That is the deal with importing by yourself, you also deal with getting it out of the country to fix and back.

But, after 30 days you are on your own from Newegg because they will not pay for international shipping.

Probably should find out if the US branch of manufacturer accepts foreign RMA. At minimum sending back the new or repaired item would be more pricy if customer is overseas. 

Sending to US also will be pricy for OP.

OP: you really should contact manufacturer in your country and find out in writing. Ultimately buying from another country has more issues and a local store or different product may be better for you. 

No one here will know for sure.  No one here will stand behind their advice when you actually need warranty. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

@Lurking @Kresnik-02@Cooldoe

Newegg isn't selling from the US, they have a location in Europe and are selling in Turkey. There is no need to ship a broken board (if that happens) back to the US for any reason.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

34 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Newegg isn't selling from the US, they have a location in Europe and are selling in Turkey. There is no need to ship a broken board (if that happens) back to the US for any reason.

So what is OP question then about? If they buy from a Turkish vendor (which Newegg is if they have a Turkish store), it is whatever Turkish law and Gigabyte allow/require. Most likely the same like everything else one buys in Turkey from a Turkish online store. 

Again, OP should contact the manufacturer to find out in writing what RMA procedure is. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

1 minute ago, Lurking said:

So what is OP question then about? If they buy from a Turkish vendor (which Newegg is if they have a Turkish store), it is whatever Turkish law and Gigabyte allow/require. Most likely the same like everything else one bus in Turkey from a Turkish online store 

Again, OP should contact the manufacturer to find out in writing what RMA procedure is.

They're probably confused because Newegg is typically a "US Based" seller but they sell in Turkey without a drop shipper or any middle-men or anything so Turkish or European laws and warranty would apply then imo unless there are terms stating otherwise.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

They're probably confused because Newegg is typically a "US Based" seller but they sell in Turkey without a drop shipper or any middle-men or anything so Turkish or European laws and warranty would apply then imo unless there are terms stating otherwise.

If they have a Turkish subsidiary, that likely is a legally separate LLC or so. Same for manufacturer. 

Like if they buy a VW car from a Turkish dealer, they follow Turkish rules, and don't bring the car to Germany for warranty. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

7 hours ago, Lurick said:

The question if what happened after 30 days newegg guarantee so it still depend on the manufacturer guarantee not newegg so newegg presence in Europe does not matter

On 9/10/2023 at 9:33 PM, Lurick said:

If they have warehouse in Europe (note, not EU as Turkey isn't part of EU or EEA), that is not clearly marked anywhere on their site or help documents. In fact, if you select Turkey as country, it still shows "shipped from US" for the motherboard. Also in product page only 30 day international return period is stated and for warranty they direct to manufacturer.

I do recall there having some discussion or something at one point that Newegg would have warehouse in EU (Netherlands or Germany most likely) or in UK. But if thats the case, they don't prefer it for shipments to Turkey.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If they have warehouse in Europe (note, not EU as Turkey isn't part of EU or EEA), that is not clearly marked anywhere on their site or help documents. In fact, if you select Turkey as country, it still shows "shipped from US" for the motherboard. Also in product page only 30 day international return period is stated and for warranty they direct to manufacturer.

I do recall there having some discussion or something at one point that Newegg would have warehouse in EU (Netherlands or Germany most likely) or in UK. But if thats the case, they don't prefer it for shipments to Turkey.

Interesting, I thought I read somewhere they did have a warehouse in Turkey.

You're correct, not sure why I was thinking Turkey was in the EU.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 9/8/2023 at 6:02 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

That would depend, in the UK the first place you go is the retailer, then they will tell you what to do. I have RMA'd to retailers before and also manufacturers. But in the UK generally the retailer is your first attempt to resolve an issue with your product.

yes, but i believe if u buy from another country this doesn't apply. or does it? interesting question. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

yes, but i believe if u buy from another country this doesn't apply. or does it? interesting question. 

If retailer operates in both countries, sure. Would need to ask first. Otherwise it will depend whether brand offers international warranty or not. Some, like Dell, don't with argument that each region has own set of SKUs and they can only provide support on those SKUs available in that region. But then there are better companies like Sennheiser who will cover even shipping to importers office.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

33 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If retailer operates in both countries, sure. Would need to ask first. Otherwise it will depend whether brand offers international warranty or not. Some, like Dell, don't with argument that each region has own set of SKUs and they can only provide support on those SKUs available in that region. But then there are better companies like Sennheiser who will cover even shipping to importers office.

Just to add, even if the name sounds the same, the foreign Newegg can be a legally different entity than the domestic Newegg. We call it "Newegg", but you buy from "Newegg of Turkey" vs. "Newegg of USA". Same for "Gigabyte of Europe" vs. "Gigabyte of Asia".  So don't assume any rules or applicable laws, find out specifics. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

1 hour ago, Lurking said:

Just to add, even if the name sounds the same, the foreign Newegg can be a legally different entity than the domestic Newegg. We call it "Newegg", but you buy from "Newegg of Turkey" vs. "Newegg of USA". Same for "Gigabyte of Europe" vs. "Gigabyte of Asia".  So don't assume any rules or applicable laws, find out specifics. 

Then again, Amazon would probably handle things regardless of the entity. Same with stores like Alternate and Komplett for example.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv