That "full, underwater, bassy" sensation you get with earbuds...

dimforest

Forgive me, I'm trying to figure out how to best describe this sensation but I'm clearly struggling. 

Put your fingers in your ears and completely plug them up quick. Now move your fingers around (gently, don't hurt yourself). You hear that super bassy and pressure-y sound inside your head? I'm trying to figure THAT sensation/sound out. Is there something I'm doing which is causing this to be worse and more importantly - is there any way to minimize this sound/sensation while using earbuds? Right now I'm using the Sony Linkbuds S and they're otherwise fantastic buds. The problem I run into is when I walk around, workout, go up/down stairs, etc... I get a THUMP THUMP THUMP with each step.

You'll get less thump from walking around if you turn noise cancelling off and put on transparency mode but you'll never eliminate it completely. IME using foam tips on the earbuds reduces the noise further vs silicone but the foam tips don't play well with sweat if you work out and also they will degrade faster AND slighly alter the sound of the earbuds (possibly to your liking possibly not to your liking)

You can also try inserting the earbuds less fully into your ear. But this reduces bass a bit and increases odds of earbuds falling out of your ears.

If you feel that it usually means you’re using the wrong size tips. I think you already tried the others that came in the box, so I would recommend buying some replacements on amazon, maybe you’re one of the lucky ones that can use foam tips.

22 hours ago, nmsxsu said:

If you feel that it usually means you’re using the wrong size tips. I think you already tried the others that came in the box, so I would recommend buying some replacements on amazon, maybe you’re one of the lucky ones that can use foam tips.

Can some people not use them?

1 hour ago, dimforest said:

Can some people not use them?

Yeah, me for example. I’m basically the size of a mountain troll and I can’t find any foam tips that fit, they all fall off my ears. The regular ones are easier to find in bigger sizes. 

51 minutes ago, nmsxsu said:

Yeah, me for example. I’m basically the size of a mountain troll and I can’t find any foam tips that fit, they all fall off my ears. The regular ones are easier to find in bigger sizes. 

Ahhh, gotcha.