Toyota’s Japanese production was halted due to insufficient disk space

Pickles von Brine
On 9/7/2023 at 12:15 PM, leadeater said:

Just be careful, in 50 years you might need to replace it, it is a Toyota after all. Luckily also being a Toyota 90% of the parts will still be exactly the same 

50 years? Bullshit. Toyota's are unreliable pieces if crap that due in 48 years and 9 months.

56 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

50 years? Bullshit. Toyota's are unreliable pieces if crap that due in 48 years and 9 months.

Well I have to say modern Hilux isn't as indestructible as the good old 90's ones. Damn newfangled electronics thingamajiggers

18 hours ago, StDragon said:

WTF are you talking about?! Kisai simply pointed out that China is an industrial nation rife with waste. Often it's make-work programs under the guise of industrialization.

I was just pointing out the image only referencing China is a bit disingenuous, as this practice isn't exclusive to China. 

Unfortunately Toyota isn't the only company to suffer something like this, and they definitely won't be the last. Many large corporations that end up having many international subsidiaries/hubs, and utilize legacy infrastructure, will face problems like this, especially one where administration and logistical operations have been a bit stale. The timeframe of implementation and the active lifespan of its deployment means knowledgeable IT/engineering staff are fewer and far between when certain issues arise. 

20 hours ago, StDragon said:

WTF are you talking about?! Kisai simply pointed out that China is an industrial nation rife with waste. Often it's make-work programs under the guise of industrialization.

Nothing is more illustrative of that fact than Ghost Cities.

"Reporting in 2018, Shepard noted that "Today, China’s so-called ghost cities that were so prevalently showcased in 2013 and 2014 are no longer global intrigues. They have filled up to the point of being functioning, normal cities"

I wouldn't say that they're make work programs under the guise of industrialization. It's more like state-sponsored capitalism betting on future growth and real-estate speculation. One where the growth part didn't happen as much as they wanted, and the real-estate speculation part definitely did.

On 9/9/2023 at 6:09 AM, divito said:

I was just pointing out the image only referencing China is a bit disingenuous, as this practice isn't exclusive to China. 

The point was "manufacturing vehicles to keep the pipeline full, despite some % of these vehicles are just going to rot in a field somewhere"

All I did was search "abandoned new cars" in regards to leadeaters comment, because YT had been popping up a lot of "overdramatic X country is failing" videos, but it's kinda hard to fake finding fields of NEW cars. 

Here's a fun fact, I can find something in my local metro area that looks like this:

image.thumb.png.dbf4e6c48365a38304a17f0b5592d180.png

Now, I can assure you what this is, (and this is only half the image, since it's triangular) since I've walked across the bridge before and it piqued my curiosity.

https://www.portvancouver.com/cargo-terminals/automobiles/

This is two terminals where cars are unloaded from Asia and even the United States. 

Where as at least in one of those videos from asia, those are fleets of insured, plated, vehicles. If they were just being made for parts, then there would be no point in insuring them. No, at least in that country, it appears the reason is to fake numbers up the chain. Cars made, cars "on the road", insured vehicles, etc. 

Oh and those ghost cities? Some were left empty so long they had to start demolishing them.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:26 PM, Forbidden Wafer said:

People really overestimate large companies. Remember sony storing credentials, credit-card info and more in plaintext files? Or how Lockheed martin got invaded and their blueprints stolen due to RSA being compromised by an adobe flash bug? A bug explored by an excel script that got opened by the HR personel?

If people only knew how many 23 year old college grads who spend their weekends getting high at music festivals and have never paid taxes in their life, who have access to thousands if not millions of plaintext files like this....

Source:  I was one, and so were many of my friends.  Also talked to many Software Dev's at music festivals who told me the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly they did not go for that drive's extended warrenty

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar