Am I now a console gamer?

MartyS
54 minutes ago, MartyS said:

Got one of these, am I now a console gamer?

AFMpinball.jpg.9c4b0ab22d476339146ec86a48febb63.jpg

It's an Arcade 1up console cabinet.

*waves hand

These are not the consoles you are looking for...

Well, does it play pong?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

There are loads of videos out there about people doing crazy mods to these things so they can play arcade games as well as pinball, so pong would certainly be a possible mod.

Forgot to mention I used my LTT screwdriver to build it.

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2023 at 11:11 AM, Fennick_Fox said:

Lol is that from Costco? I think I've seen that recently.

I got it from Amazon. It's an Arcade1Up product, I think Costco does sell Arcade1Up stuff, I know some Best Buy stores sell them.  They make lots of arcade cabinet recreations.  They make 2 other pinball tables, one with a Marvel theme and one with a Star Wars theme.  I just hacked mine and loaded in the 20 games from those machines and I certainly made the right choice with the Williams recreation tables.  I've played about half of the tables I loaded in and they are not as much fun as the recreations of real tables.  Maybe for people that have never played a real pinball table they would like those, but having animated characters walking around the play field interacting with the ball is distracting and just feels wrong.   Once I've tried out all the tables I loaded in I have a feeling I'm not going to want to play them again so will probably undo the hack and reflash the roms back to orginal.

• 1 month later...

I've done a few hacks to the table now, added 20 more tables with a firmware hack, mounted the solenoids upside down so they give a little more kick to the cabinet, and today moved the accelerometer board closer to the front of the cabinet.

The previous solenoid work was making the accelerometer react and tilt the table if the solenoids were firing a lot, mostly during multi-ball.  So I moved the board closer to the front of the cabinet, and moved the 2 bottom solenoids back a little.  Now I can turn the sensitivity for nudging back up to where bumping the cabinet moves the ball but the solenoids don't.

I meant to record some narration but got lazy and didn't, so it's mostly just a video of showing the work and some game play at the end.