Cant change bios settings ROG X670E Extreme

Dub7030

I need some serious help, i can't manually change anything in the bios and keep them. I'm trying to manually set cpu voltages, dram timings, etc. But as soon i get past the bios screen, the board basically says f you and sets its own settings. My 7950X cpu voltage is hitting a maximum of 1.47v quite frequently and it doesnt need to. Ive been able set it to 5.4 GHz all core at 1.2v threw Ryzen Master, and yes it was stable. It was actually surprisingly stable at this setting, and this was before I delidded it. Im also trying to tighten my dram timings and the board is down right refusing to let me. Am I missing something, I havent had these issues with past builds. Can anyone help?

20230905_232018.jpg

20230905_232519.jpg

Its running the latest 1602 bios, and this is actually the seconded board i got because I had to rma the first board after the bottom pcie slot died on me. Ive also seen other people having these issues, especially when it comes to trying to change cpu voltages. Ive also posted this on the ROG forums trying to get help. The first board was also notorious for shooting up the cpu voltages, for some reason Asus is allowing this to happen.

6 hours ago, Dub7030 said:

Its running the latest 1602 bios, and this is actually the seconded board i got because I had to rma the first board after the bottom pcie slot died on me. Ive also seen other people having these issues, especially when it comes to trying to change cpu voltages. Ive also posted this on the ROG forums trying to get help. The first board was also notorious for shooting up the cpu voltages, for some reason Asus is allowing this to happen.

Just return the stupid thing then, besides asus has kinda dipped in quality nowadays so this isnt exactly surprising

As for a replacement id reccomend a 2dimm board like the b650e tachyon if you are the type of guy to toy arorund with ram oc, otherwise just buy whatever board that fits your needs and has all the i/o you need, top of the line boards are kinda useless till we start talking about oc boards like the tachyon or those evga kingpin boards

Yeah I agree, the software has many problems too. Well due to my stupidity I found out why I wasn't able too change the DRAM timings. I had the memory context restore enabled in the bios and it just remembers the last timings you had before you enable it. In my defense this is the first all AMD build I have ever done. So atleast thats fixed, but it doesnt explain why I cant set a cpu voltage offset. Ive been messing around with the PBO settings but the levels Asus have only lets you set a temp difference and doesnt allow an offset as well. Or its not as straight forward as Jayztwocents asrock board he was using. His had the tjmax and curve optimizer in each level. I'll see if I can tinker with some more of the settings and see if I can get something to work.