Attacks on Emily in the latest video

techy_witch
Go to solution Solved by Zodiark1593,

Only thing that can be done, is to treat those toxic commenters with the indifference they fully deserve. Report and move on, and engage with those that are positive, and don't succumb to the negativity.

I appreciate Emily as she's always knowledgeable, and is well versed in communicating her knowledge to the audience, and appears to be a nice person in general. She is an incredible addition to the community, and gender does nothing to change this. I feel at some point that the community, and the real fans of LMG (not the thoughtless fanboys, but rather, referring to the ones that call out LMG's missteps, that want to see them continually step up their game) need to take some responsibility, and make clear that those engaging in unjustified hateful and threatening discourse, are neither welcomed in the community, nor are fans of LMG.

We want our content creators to do better, but also, it is our engagement, that can hopefully provide the inspiration for them to press on, and do so as well.

I have noticed a multitude of comments specifically attacking Emily because of her gender identity.  These can be found on any video she has ever appeared on.  Its heartbreaking.

What is the best way to handle these comments and replies?  I keep reporting them, but so far, my comment that just mentions Emily's name has 3 transphobic comments on it and its been up for under an hour.

Reporting is all you can do unfortunately. LTT/LMG can go through and delete/remove them but ultimately its up to Youtube to take actions against the accounts if they break any rules. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Scroll past and engage with positive content.  Burring the trolls.

Ian Cutress: "some of you are idiots.".

It's not just youtube. The LTT forum thread had some interesting posts (e.g. I am a grown mean. I don't want techtipps  from a young lady unless she's hot). They might be moderated, they might still be online, I scrolled past them.

People never go out of business.

Sorry for the words: idiotic dumbassess.

Young is a fine person no matter what name is chosen for call

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Only thing that can be done, is to treat those toxic commenters with the indifference they fully deserve. Report and move on, and engage with those that are positive, and don't succumb to the negativity.

I appreciate Emily as she's always knowledgeable, and is well versed in communicating her knowledge to the audience, and appears to be a nice person in general. She is an incredible addition to the community, and gender does nothing to change this. I feel at some point that the community, and the real fans of LMG (not the thoughtless fanboys, but rather, referring to the ones that call out LMG's missteps, that want to see them continually step up their game) need to take some responsibility, and make clear that those engaging in unjustified hateful and threatening discourse, are neither welcomed in the community, nor are fans of LMG.

We want our content creators to do better, but also, it is our engagement, that can hopefully provide the inspiration for them to press on, and do so as well.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

18 hours ago, 8tg said:

Usually I dox them and inform their family/school/employer of their shit ass views.

Beyond that, just the old school report & ignore.

pretty sure their family, school, or employers are like that as well. people are not born racist or whatever but pick up these from those around them. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I went on the latest Youtube video and didn't find any comments that even mentioned Emily or something I would consider an attack. I changed the comments to show the newest comments first and I didn't see any comment there that I would deem an "attack" either. A lot of them were supportive, some to the point of almost being ridiculous if you asked me (like mentioning Emily, "her" and "she" like 2-3 times each sentence). Stuff like "I am so glad Emily is finally back! I missed her and she contributes so much in her way".

I saw one comment saying they "liked seeing Anthony again", but that might just have been someone who missed her coming out. 

There were also like three comments all saying "Emily" as replies.

Maybe they have cleared up the video, but right now it seems to be 90% people commenting about the Newton. 9% people leaving comments of support to Emily, and maybe 1% people trolling.

My point is, at this point in time it seems like you almost have to go out of your way to find negative comments about Emily. And honestly, my advice to everyone in this entire thread would be to just stop reading Youtube comments. They are awful garbage and a waste of time.

I swear to you, nobody on their deathbed has ever said "I wish I had read more Youtube comments". 

As lawlz said, pretty much my experience to when I checked the comments.  Emily is a big girl, I'm sure she's fine and mentally prepared herself for these kinds of comments.

There's significantly more people that seem to have an unhealthy obsession with her (before and after transition) than there are haters.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒