Do i need DP cable or HDMI is ok

koushik269

I got ultragear 24gn65r-b and it have freesync my pc spec is 

Ryzen 3
gpu - RX580
16gb ram 
1tb nvme ssd

monitor is 144 hz so do i need display port cable to fully use freesync and like use the display at it fullest for FPS  gaming liek csgo and valorant and normal content viewing currently im using inclued hdmi cable in the box

Completely dependent on the monitor but usually the included cable is the one you want to use. If you can change the monitor refreshrate to the correct hz then that usually means that you are using the correct cable as it usually won't let you change the hz if the cable doesn't support it. At least that has been the case for Nvidia gpus using nvidia control panel. Not sure if it is the same for AMD as I haven't owned any AMD gpus. 

That monitor works with both HDMI and Display port. Just use the cable that came included.

29 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Its 1080p 144hz, either will work just fine. 

That's not how that works. First would be that freesync isn't always available over both connections and there have been many cases where the HDMI or displayport standards technically should support the refreshrate of the monitor but for some reason the monitor does not support it. I know that was the case with a couple of the monitors I have had in the past which was annoying and why I remembered it. That why I typically look at the specific monitor model to see what it supports. 

freesync.png.722bd8bfcbd8079f40aeef5e3f60b570.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

8 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

freesync.png.722bd8bfcbd8079f40aeef5e3f60b570.png

Correct, Brookie is also correct. It depends on the monitor. Usually, the monitor manual will clarify this. Usually, premium monitors has everything, but doesn't hurt to do a quick check

Alright thanks for all replies, will look into the manual but i dnt get 144 fps in most games so maybe its better to just stick with hdmi and not invest in dp cable