First time doing a custom loop

Hey all. I'm thinking about upgrading from my Lian Li Galahad to a custom loop in my O11. I was wondering if Bykski is a decent company to go with? I know EKWB is what is generally suggested, but I'm curious about whether Bykski is a decent alternative?

Bykski is good. ek is mostly just looks and the name.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, Gwaffa said:

I was wondering if Bykski is a decent company to go with?

Aftersales support can be pretty much a telltale of "you get what you pay for", but for what it is they do the job and for a lot of budget GPUs, they and Barrow are the only choices in town.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I'd go for Heatkiller blocks. Absolutely HATE my EK Supremacy block, it's such a pice of shit compared to my Heatkiller IV. Everything from fit and finish to the mount and performance is disappointing.

I do enjoy the EK classic compression fittings though, they slice up your fingers a bit but they look good and work well. Not that I think you can get them anymore 🙃

Byski isn't a bad option either from what I've heard, haven't used them though.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

What parts do you have?

Post full system specs please.

Because depending on that your options become restricted immediatly.

Lian li O11 evo

Ryzen 7 5700x

Ddr4 trident ram 32gigs

Asrock radeon 6800

• 2 weeks later...

Been using EK for many years no issues here. But r back in the day the Ek starter kits was much cheaper (2014) i still use every part from it still to this day even the pump. About other companys tho im not sure never touched anything else apart from EK. Does the job for me. I have heard that Heatkiller is doing great tho JaysTwoCents has many many vids that can help you get going on it all. Rule of thumb when building finger tight is enough don't use tools. Tho sometimes they do come in handy like tight spaces just don't crunch those o-rings all the way. (rip & tear those & leaks form) & crushing them is not ideal.

What way are you willing to go?. soft tubing or hardline tubing like pttg i think it's called. I use soft tubing easy to work with. I do a once a year coolant with distilled water change & pick a new color.

With that said, pastel's are a thick color non see thru. Then you can get clear colors as well. I change it up all the time 1 year ill like a pastel the next the same or may still use a clear what ever i see that looks great. Or the next year simply clear so it looks like nothing but water. Nothing to worry it's only for looks aesthetics. So yeah i say start with a kit or go by a guide/ask here on what to get. If you are unsure, i know i was unclear on it all. I felt lost.

If you don't get a kit remember to have a drain plug put a cap on the other side so you know it's plugged up. Rule of thumb 1 rad ='s 2 fittings to get. 1 drain plug or as they are called a | 2 way ball valve | essentially a tap. With out a tap/drain plug what ever same thing lol, it's going to be a nightmare & not to mention a mess to clean up. If you grab a kit make sure to have a 2 way ball valve (tap) to go with it.

When draining a loop, the very top of the loop if you are lucky to have a rad on top on the case you can slightly open a port (cap) on the rad to let some air in, (you can use the reservoir as well for this tho the very top is best) this allows the water to flow more freely out of the loop. Little tricks like that & tilting the case left right sideways helps a bit as well.

1st time making a loop & all the time really when putting a loop together is to check that no caps are missing everything has been tightened up. Or it will look like you just put the garden hose on a little bit outside then it spews all over the joint. Been there done that just last year myself. So i put it all together check it, walk away clear my head 10mins come back check it again. (you can get a pressure tester for this).

Standard size for fittings are G1/4". There is other sizes tho i don't think many people use those sizes that much as near all stuff made from gpu blocks to cpu blocks & rads so on are the standard G1/4" size.

Hardest part for me starting was what tubing fits my G1/4" fittings. So here it is for soft tubing.

G1/4" ='s 3/8ID 1/2OD Tubing (3 meter) Box (is what i get). I think there is another size that is compatible tho ive never tested just stuck to this, never had an issue so im not changing it. Anyway i've talked to much on this ill end it here. Good luck with it all. Remember to take your time it takes me a day to do mine. Get ready for some sore fingers lol. That crap get's me every time & lasts for a day or 2. Anyway let us know how it goes. Questions even if it sounds dumb don't worry about it ask away.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w