Need to decide which Brand to get

downinthemorgue
Go to solution Solved by Dukesilver27-,

They're both good, but the Sapphire brand is known for good after sales service and high quality.

Power Color was a mainly Mainland Chinese brand, but have gone worldwide recently, their after sales service could be bad depending on where you live/bought it from, but overall still high quality as well.

In terms of performance and cooling, they're both higher end models, and perform within margin of error, so it's a toss up.

Make of this information as you will.

Hey everyone,

I am having trouble deciding on which brand of gpu to get. Im torn between the Saphire Nitro+ 7900xtx and the Power Color Red Devil 7900xtx. Ive seen better reviews for the Saphire card but i really like the 3 Display Ports on the Red Devil and its looks as well. Any recommendations as to which one is better? Thanks!

Realistically you won't notice a difference between the two, so if they're about the same price and you prefer the looks of the Red Devil, I'd just go Red Devil. The Sapphire might technically be the better card, but it's by so insignificant a margin that I wouldn't really care about it. If it was the reference vs. Saphhire Nitro+, it would be a different story, but with two pretty good AIB cards it doesn't matter enough to care about anything other than aesthetics and price. 

They're both good, but the Sapphire brand is known for good after sales service and high quality.

Power Color was a mainly Mainland Chinese brand, but have gone worldwide recently, their after sales service could be bad depending on where you live/bought it from, but overall still high quality as well.

In terms of performance and cooling, they're both higher end models, and perform within margin of error, so it's a toss up.

Make of this information as you will.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

For what it's worth, I've always had great experience with Sapphire. The Nitro+ series is high quality. So, the last time I was buying (some 9 months ago), that's what I went with and am happy (RX 6800 model).

It is worth checking out the RX 6950 XT pricing (i.e. see if you can find a discount price on that old one) unless you really need all the performance and VRAM you can get.

Relja

BikeGremlin
Mostly Harmless ™

7 hours ago, BikeGremlin said:

For what it's worth, I've always had great experience with Sapphire. The Nitro+ series is high quality. So, the last time I was buying (some 9 months ago), that's what I went with and am happy (RX 6800 model).

It is worth checking out the RX 6950 XT pricing (i.e. see if you can find a discount price on that old one) unless you really need all the performance and VRAM you can get.

Relja

Aren't the Red Devil and Nitro+ the two most expensive 7900 XTX cards?   He obviously has the $$. 

The Nitro+ is the 'no-brainer' choice out of the two.   Powercolor has had a bunch of issues this gen - from vapor chamber problems, heat/temps (hotspot?) problems, various coil whine reports - definitely pick the Sapphire for this gen.