No WiFi networks detected on one laptop but works perfectly fine on my phone and 2nd laptop

Yoshimitsu

Hi

WiFi just stopped working from one moment to the other, I've resetted my router twice already and no luck. It's a fairly new laptop, purchased 2 weeks ago. It doesn't show any available networks, on my other notebook it shows 2 networks and on my phone 3.

Any suggestions what to do?

I am about to reinstall Windows if that doesn't work I will be out of options. I know that my 2nd laptop has 2 small wifi cables that are rather delicate, idk about this one but maybe it also has 2 cables and they got lose somehow. But I think that is highly unlikely and I would probably void warranty if I unscrew the back.

Well, now it works again, I didn't do anything. But it's not the first time this has happened, I wonder what the issue is.

image.jpeg.89a26ca3e40828fa2e0dc18c9ad4b4c3.jpeg

need more input

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

It can be driver related. But a problem that most laptop users overlook is the possibility to turn off and on the wifi via a combination of keys (Fn+F2 for example). Most laptops have a little led indicator but it can easily be overlooked.

You are correct. However, in most laptops I recently used with Windows 10, the "airplane mode" message appear...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

21 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

It can be driver related. But a problem that most laptop users overlook is the possibility to turn off and on the wifi via a combination of keys (Fn+F2 for example). Most laptops have a little led indicator but it can easily be overlooked.

It's a Windows 11 laptopt, and I checked WiFi was enabled in the Network settings, even reset the adapter.

28 minutes ago, mMontana said:

image.jpeg.89a26ca3e40828fa2e0dc18c9ad4b4c3.jpeg

need more input

what do you need to know? I don't know much else to say, tell me where to look.

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Hi

WiFi just stopped working from one moment to the other, I've resetted my router twice already and no luck. It's a fairly new laptop, purchased 2 weeks ago. It doesn't show any available networks, on my other notebook it shows 2 networks and on my phone 3.

Any suggestions what to do?

I am about to reinstall Windows if that doesn't work I will be out of options. I know that my 2nd laptop has 2 small wifi cables that are rather delicate, idk about this one but maybe it also has 2 cables and they got lose somehow. But I think that is highly unlikely and I would probably void warranty if I unscrew the back.

So I had this issue once before the driver auto downloaded a Bad patch update, I used windows internal fix things.

So when it drops out again go to troubleshoot issue by right clicking where the wifi should be, it usually flags the issue up and then allows a repair. Granted this was on a windows 8.1 laptop but hopefully it fixes your issue. I'd advise against pulling apart your PC until you've ruled out software as the issue and if you still have warranty then send it in don't pull apart yourself as you may bork up more than just your wifi

2 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Well, now it works again, I didn't do anything. But it's not the first time this has happened, I wonder what the issue is.

Maybe a wifi driver issue?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they