Help planning a PC build for school / later gaming.

Kanna
Go to solution Solved by _Omega_,
6 minutes ago, Kanna said:

From what I heard, AMD was supposed to be better at utilizing in this area though? But could have changed? as for the other parts I looked them up and some of them were available, but the motherboard and PSU wasn't, and the SSD 2TB version wasn't available either. but I managed to get my budget down some while still mostly being this config I suggested still.

Okay, thats possible that AMD is better in that regard... But still i would make some chjanges about your build.

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

The Mainboard is BAD, it MIGHT work with a 7700X but its literally the worse Board that hardware unboxed testet in their B650 round up. 

I would highly suggest you go with the TUF gaming wifi(https://www.dustinhome.se/product/5011308282/tuf-gaming-b650-plus-wifi) which is a much better board and not to much more at the shop you linked. And the other bigger concern would be the RAM i would go with at least something like 6000MHz as i assume that the work tasks would benefit from faster RAM... If you are willing to drop the RGB this is a nice Kit and even a bit cheaper (https://www.dustin.se/product/5011304324/vengeance

Budget (including currency): 10 000 SEK 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: It won't be used for much other than server work, virtual machines, some school experimenting and future gaming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

The parts will be ordered through a business to say and will be used in school, will most likely get to my home whenever my school course is done in the next 2 years about. So I plan to get a PC that is quite powerful for the money.

Things such as GPU and peripherals are already covered not in this list. The site used for the part ordering is this site called dustin.se. Which offers English language right by the business button.

image.png.e62b2181d97d06b1e50e60864df53712.png

I have quickly looked at some parts I could see are reasonable, but then I'm not too good on any recent parts, and kinda noticed I fell short on the motherboard possibly. There really isn't any requirements other than that it's 32GB RAM and 500GB SSD, and personal preferences it's that it's AMD and that the case has a mesh front / a front that gives good airflow in some way.

Case: Phanteks Eclipce G300A Black.

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5600MHz CL36 DDR5.

SSD: WD BLACK SN770 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0.

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX 650W 80+ GOLD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5GHz Base Clock.

CPU cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 Esports Duo White.

Mobo: ASUS PRIME B650M-A WIFI Micro ATX.

Help appreciated 😄

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (kr3159.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG400 BK ARGB 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler  (kr379.00 @ CDON SE) 
Motherboard: ASRock B760M PG Lightning Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (kr1570.00 @ Computersalg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  (kr1149.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (kr1390.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case  (kr849.00 @ CDON SE) 
Power Supply: Gigabyte AORUS P GM 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (kr1194.01 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Total: kr9690.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-24 20:43 CEST+0200

51 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13500 2.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  (kr3159.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG400 BK ARGB 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler  (kr379.00 @ CDON SE) 
Motherboard: ASRock B760M PG Lightning Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (kr1570.00 @ Computersalg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  (kr1149.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (kr1390.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case  (kr849.00 @ CDON SE) 
Power Supply: Gigabyte AORUS P GM 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (kr1194.01 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Total: kr9690.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-08-24 20:43 CEST+0200

From what I heard, AMD was supposed to be better at utilizing in this area though? But could have changed? as for the other parts I looked them up and some of them were available, but the motherboard and PSU wasn't, and the SSD 2TB version wasn't available either. but I managed to get my budget down some while still mostly being this config I suggested still.

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Okay, thats possible that AMD is better in that regard... But still i would make some chjanges about your build.

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

The Mainboard is BAD, it MIGHT work with a 7700X but its literally the worse Board that hardware unboxed testet in their B650 round up. 

I would highly suggest you go with the TUF gaming wifi(https://www.dustinhome.se/product/5011308282/tuf-gaming-b650-plus-wifi) which is a much better board and not to much more at the shop you linked. And the other bigger concern would be the RAM i would go with at least something like 6000MHz as i assume that the work tasks would benefit from faster RAM... If you are willing to drop the RGB this is a nice Kit and even a bit cheaper (https://www.dustin.se/product/5011304324/vengeance

3 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

I switched the RAM kit in the previous comment, which yeah RGB is not needed at all. And got this TUF board instead, also got the full black version of the CPU cooler as it was both nicer and like a little cheaper. Ended at 10 190 SEK, which is not bad. I'm not sure if it will pass however, will look into that. If it doesn't any other thing you could recommend change like a possibly cheaper PSU that still does the job? 

Reminder⚠️

On that side the cheapest i would recomment would be the SeaSonic G12 GC(https://www.dustin.se/product/5011307140/seasonic-g12-gc-650-80-gold-psu) (maybe go with the 750W version as it seems to be the same price as the 650W version). Although the Corsair CV Series CV650 should not blow up either but its on the lower end...

If you want to go cheaper you would net to go down to 550W wich would limit you in you options when you want to add a gpu later by quite a bit. 

Another avenu to save some money is going with the 7700(non-X), when you turn on PBO it more ore less turns into a 7700X anyways 

18 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

On that side the cheapest i would recomment would be the SeaSonic G12 GC

I will look into all these options tomorrow, and future GPU upgrade isn’t too much in worry as I either swap PSU then or similar. And I will also take a look at the non X variant, and how it could look doing PBO compared to the X variant, could make it worth if it isn’t much loss. Thank you for the help, should be able to conclude some own research now.

Reminder⚠️

14 hours ago, Kanna said:

I will look into all these options tomorrow, and future GPU upgrade isn’t too much in worry as I either swap PSU then or similar. And I will also take a look at the non X variant, and how it could look doing PBO compared to the X variant, could make it worth if it isn’t much loss. Thank you for the help, should be able to conclude some own research now.

Why not buy a 650W PSU right away, You could put anything up to a 4070Ti inthere with a 650W PSU 

2 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

Why not buy a 650W PSU right away, You could put anything up to a 4070Ti inthere with a 650W PSU 

I went with the 650w seasonic and just got with a R7 7700

Reminder⚠️

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

I went with the 650w seasonic and just got with a R7 7700

good choice in my opinion