Why did a 24 page thread about Madison's twitter thread just disappear?

the_real_ch3
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

Just checked with the moderation team and it was accidentally hidden from public view by a moderator while attempting to remove something else. It was restored once the team caught the mistake.

Apologies to anybody who may have lost the post they were trying to submit when the thread was removed.

I was just reading through a thread about Madison's twitter thread and when I tried to refresh it said the topic could not be found and now it's no longer here in the forum.

Where is it?

Why are youtube comments asking LMG to address it disappearing?

Is LMG trying to suppress the story or avoid having to address it?

1 minute ago, the_real_ch3 said:

I was just reading through a thread about Madison's twitter thread and when I tried to refresh it said the topic could not be found and now it's no longer here in the forum.

Where is it?

Why are youtube comments asking LMG to address it disappearing?

Is LMG trying to suppress the story or avoid having to address it?

Lol?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I was wondering if it was just me that was banned from it.... Big red flag as the discussion was relatively civil in my opinion...

Just now, Levent said:

Lol?

Ah shit my bad. went off half cocked.

The youtube comment thing though is true

Just now, Levent said:

Lol?

Interesting. It did disappear for a while for me too as I was scrolling through it.

Yeah I can’t find it here anymore as well.

2 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

im sure lawyers will want it taken down eventually

Surely.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, the_real_ch3 said:

Ah shit my bad. went off half cocked.

The youtube comment thing though is true

You aren't crazy - I actually had the same thing happen where it seemingly vanished and is now back. My guess is that either the high traffic caused the server to bork something, or the thread was temporarily made hidden while a mod dealt with a particularly egregious comment (I didn't see any comments, but that would kinda be the point of hiding it while dealing with it)

As for the YouTube thing, I am seeing multiple hours old threads about the situation on the video, so I would guess it's either to do with YouTube's own mystery algorithm de-prioritizing things for unknown reasons, or it could be that someone made a bad comment in the thread, and the thread got either auto-deleted or hidden. I doubt LMG is stupid enough to sensor stuff like that - they aren't censoring it here where they have full control and it's highly visible, so why censor it there where it could easily get lost in the shuffle anyway?

I doubt youtube comments are getting deleted, I still seel comments about Madison from an hour ago. Besides, it would be quite dumb to delete them, its just that youtube kinda deals with comments weirdly when a video is getting smashed with them, they seem to show newer ones rather than top. 

think the forums server is being strained

i keep getting bumped to their store on several of these massive threads

maddison's was only at page 5

the private video one i got upto page 7 had about 3-4  " got an error visit our store " landing pages

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch

Just checked with the moderation team and it was accidentally hidden from public view by a moderator while attempting to remove something else. It was restored once the team caught the mistake.

Apologies to anybody who may have lost the post they were trying to submit when the thread was removed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

42 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Interesting. It did disappear for a while for me too as I was scrolling through it.

LTT forums have had loads of traffic today. Servers have crashed for me twice already and numerous time's I've had that "not a robot" check that I keep failing... stupid robots thinking I'm a robot 😠

Mod already replied but I was about to say maybe thread was also locked for a moment and so you couldn't see it until they unlock it.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

31 minutes ago, venomtail said:

numerous time's I've had that "not a robot" check that I keep failing... stupid robots thinking I'm a robot 😠

can relate thats why i think its funny

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

LTT forums have had loads of traffic today. Servers have crashed for me twice already and numerous time's I've had that "not a robot" check that I keep failing... stupid robots thinking I'm a robot 😠

Mod already replied but I was about to say maybe thread was also locked for a moment and so you couldn't see it until they unlock it.

We should start a new forum, LTTFuckups.com lol. A lot of the general threads I lurk around on gve just been buried by redditors just flooding the forum with one dumb thread after the other. At this point the forums are just reddit without the karma.