LMG sending out emails to auction winners for tax purposes?

"Tax purposes" surely.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Linus has addressed on previous WAN shows that he is still waiting for the full financial report on LTX (he confirms already has the total revenue, but not with expenses yet)
Probably recent auction controversy has really blow up internal LMG

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

this seems to line up with a (at time of posting)14 hour old billet labs post on reddit saying that lmg now knows who bought the prototype cooler and offering to try and get it back. and confirming that it isnt in the possession of a competitor company.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

They should have hired someone to hold onto all the papers 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 minute ago, rainbrodash666 said:

this seems to line up with a (at time of posting)14 hour old billet labs post on reddit saying that lmg now knows who bought the prototype cooler and offering to try and get it back. and confirming that it isnt in the possession of a competitor company.

Except they told him they don't want it back since they had already spent money to begin replacing it.

Seems like a mess over there.

How the blazes did they "lose" the silent auction records? At least in the US, anything related to finances needs to be retained. At the very least, the papers should have been photographed or scanned and sent back to the office after the auctions closed.

I bet they were trying to figure out who won the water block they weren't supposed to auction off. (Ironic that Linus got all upset about a prototype WAN backpack making its way to a thrift store...)

10 minutes ago, Zato80 said:

Except they told him they don't want it back since they had already spent money to begin replacing it.

The way I understand the timeline, they were trying to have both options available to make the situation right, and this was before the water block guys accepted financial compensation.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

15 minutes ago, Zato80 said:

Seems like a mess over there.

i was just noting that the timing of the post lines up suspiciously well, not the whole content. and billet labs reasons for not wanting a prototype back make sense to me. in my opinion LMG should try and get the original back to billet labs AND pay for the replacement cost as a good gesture

EDITED TO MAKE A LITTLE MORE SENSE.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

LMG have 2 offices and 100+ employees but still feels like a business out of someone's back garage sometimes. Maybe time to take a fortnight break of no releases, sort out everything and come back strong in a month.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

LOL, are those real? I will be amazed if they are.

This font is amazing.

1 hour ago, Levent said:

"Tax purposes" surely.

LMAO CALLED IT.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18