Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Typical.  Unions can  not be allowed to be the solution to employees' problems.  It would be bad for the people with power if that discussion was allowed to happen, so it will be tamped down whenever possible!

Has nothing to do with it, it is derailing the thread. Please move on and stay to the focus of the topic. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I would just like to add one thing.

I'm not a fan of SJWs.  I'm not one of these believe all women people.

If a manager told Madison, who believed she was being harassed by someone, to go have coffee with them.  They should be fired.

1 minute ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

If a manager told Madison, who believed she was being harassed by someone, to go have coffee with them.  They should be fired.

I don’t believe that this was alleged at any point. The instance of it in the meeting was a rundown of the entire list of options for dealing with workplace issues at LMG, from minor to major.

11 minutes ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

No kidding.   I also find it amazing that the official HR policy Linux presented immediately after Madison left the company was something like:

If you receive feedback about someone at this company, your first response is "Have you spoken with this person?" followed immediately by "You need to speak with this person.".    The next option was Linux/Yvonne, then finally an external HR company.  

It is things like this that remind me that Linus has basically zero experience outside his own company.  

5 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

I don’t believe that this was alleged at any point. The instance of it in the meeting was a rundown of the entire list of options for dealing with workplace issues at LMG, from minor to major.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:52 PM, DarkSwordsman said:

Like holy fucking shit. What the fuck?

image.png.1df2d55d31dd124abd82fbe7ceafc6ed.png

I was told that certain issues were "sexual tensions" and I should just "take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out".

Edit: Nevermind...was posting what kn1ghtnsh1narmr posted above.

Ex-employee Colin Worobetz said he "brought it up verbally" when he heard about it (with reference to Madison's experiences).

I imagine this means that management not knowing and being 'shocked' by her allegations is total bullshit, in that case? Because that seems pretty bloody damning to me.

I saw the bashing Madison and defending Madison.

If the leaked audio is true about the HR meeting, Linus did say to first to to solve it with the person.

It didn't sound like that was a new policy.

In one of Madison's tweets she did say they were lying in meeting, so they wouldn't look bad in front of the higher ups.

Solving a personal conflict with that person without intervention can be ok, depending on what it is.

The moment Madison brought up the sexual nature to a higher up and the response is go have coffee with them, that means their judgment is compromised.   I don't care who it was.  If that was said even by Linus or Yvonne they should be removed from the company.

5 minutes ago, GoblinMode said:

Ex-employee Colin Worobetz said he "brought it up verbally" when he heard about it (with reference to Madison's experiences).

I imagine this means that management not knowing and being 'shocked' by her allegations is total bullshit, in that case? Because that seems pretty bloody damning to me.

We know already that isn’t true because they had a whole ass meeting about them when she left.

43 minutes ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

Wouldn't that depend on what type of "harassment" they are referring to?

There's a lot of snowflakes out there now adays that would call harassment on very normal social interactions.

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

6 hours ago, Reclus said:

Yes. They did investigate.. FFS don't make me defend them. The entire HR meeting was a result of the investigation made by HR  after her departure. 

Also you have found the information even when it's based on this thread. The entire point here is that there needs to be evidence. Not just your or LMG or Maddie's words.

The point of suing for defamation is to prove to your stake holders and investors that you are clean beyond any doubt and you will not allow anyone to just throw accusations at you. This isn't just about the money you can win in court. This is money that you might loose due to investors literally asking why haven't you sued this person if you are innocent? 

#1 - If they investigated, and the result was Linus holding that meeting, and it would've been his wife running the investigation (since she was HR at the time) then why was Madison's Twitter thread a complete shock and unrecognisable to him? Either you're right and he's lying in the response to The Verge, or you're completely inventing this investigation.

#2 - There are no other stakeholders or investors in LMG. It's 100% owned by Linus and Yvonne, so they have nobody to prove anything to.

9 hours ago, hmfaysal said:

Eh, when were you chosen the leader of those 15.4 mill? Just wanting to know, I would like to run for the position next time

You will need some critical thinking for that but be my guest.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

32 minutes ago, NubCak said:

Wouldn't that depend on what type of "harassment" they are referring to?

There's a lot of snowflakes out there now adays that would call harassment on very normal social interactions.

Does it depend?

What if she said the harassment was looking at her across the room.

Can we all agree that saying go get coffee together outside of work is an incompetent answer that shows a lack of judgment?

7 hours ago, Reclus said:

Yes. They did investigate.. FFS don't make me defend them. The entire HR meeting was a result of the investigation made by HR  after her departure. 

Where did you find that the HR meeting was the result of an investigation?   This is the first time I have heard that claimed.

The original reddit user who posted the HR meeting (6 months ago) had this to say about it:

54 minutes ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

If the leaked audio is true about the HR meeting, Linus did say to first to to solve it with the person.

In one of Madison's tweets she did say they were lying in meeting, so they wouldn't look bad in front of the higher ups.

Solving a personal conflict with that person without intervention can be ok, depending on what it is.

The moment Madison brought up the sexual nature to a higher up and the response is go have coffee with them, that means their judgment is compromised.   I don't care who it was.  If that was said even by Linus or Yvonne they should be removed from the company.

You should totally remove them, we support you 

46 minutes ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

At work I always ask people to try and talk it over with the person they have beef with first. Only when it's clear it's not going to work we mediate and even then it often does more harm than good because the moment that other person (who often had no ill will) feels targeted, the chance of things improving between the two of them is almost always a big fat zero. 

A lot of people here don't get there's nothing as bad for moral as co-workers hating each-other and they'll do everything they can to smooth things over. This is not out of ill will but because they need to think what's best for the company as well. Too many people complain to a manager about someone and expect them to get punished. Can you imagine what would happen if they did this? Every workplace would change into a small Third Reich with snitches everywhere.

The very sad truth is also that managers think "Who is more essential to our company". I've been put in that spot in the past and it's NOT fun: if you know one of your most vital workers did something you can't accept and another co-worker feels slighted you have to thread carefully. Most people who never were in charge of a company would say "just fire the guy" but if you want everyone to be out of a job REAL fast (= bankruptcy), that's how you do it ... . It's a fine line to walk and you need to find a way to admonish your vital worker (you do NOT want him to feel as if he's untouchable) without destroying his motivation or making him quit. 

A long block of text but the whole coffee response reads to me like a (very) weak attempt to do just that: try & smooth things over to protect the person involved. I can imagine they saw Madison as less valuable and from her Twitter responses it seems she realizes this as well.

3 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

At work I always ask people to try and talk it over with the person they have beef with first. Only when it's clear it's not going to work we mediate and even then it often does more harm than good because the moment that other person (who often had no ill will) feels targeted, the chance of things improving between the two of them is almost always a big fat zero. 

A lot of people here don't get there's nothing as bad for moral as co-workers hating each-other and they'll do everything they can to smooth things over. This is not out of ill will but because they need to think what's best for the company as well. Too many people complain to a manager about someone and expect them to get punished. Can you imagine what would happen if they did this? Every workplace would change into a small Third Reich with snitches everywhere.

The very sad truth is also that managers think "Who is more essential to our company". I've been put in that spot in the past and it's NOT fun: if you know one of your most vital workers did something you can't accept and another co-worker feels slighted you have to thread carefully. Most people who never were in charge of a company would say "just fire the guy" but if you want everyone to be out of a job REAL fast (= bankruptcy), that's how you do it ... . It's a fine line to walk and you need to find a way to admonish your vital worker (you do NOT want him to feel as if he's untouchable) without destroying his motivation or making him quit. 

A long block of text but the whole coffee response reads to me like a (very) weak attempt to do just that: try & smooth things over to protect the person involved. I can imagine they saw Madison as less valuable and from her Twitter responses it seems she realizes this as well.

I disagree.

If they were agruing about stealing a stapler.  Ok.

You tell a manager someone is harassing me. 

You do not tell them to meet outside of work.

Madison's claim is that "I was told that certain issues were "sexual tensions" and I should just "take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out". "

You take the specific allegation it only makes it worse.  My point is you don't even need all of that.

Someone says they were harassed.

You don't tell them to meet with that person outside work.

Not complicated.

Can we all agree on something?

25 minutes ago, hmfaysal said:

Really? I know your heart is going away for her, without even realizing you are wimping really hard 

Amazing response as always. You need to teach me some things as a macho man I guess so I am not a "wimp". Personal attacks are allowed here though, good to know.

3 minutes ago, kn1ghtnsh1narmr said:

I disagree.

If they were agruing about stealing a stapler.  Ok.

You tell a manager someone is harassing me. 

You do not tell them to meet outside of work.

Madison's claim is that "I was told that certain issues were "sexual tensions" and I should just "take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out". "

You take the specific allegation it only makes it worse.  My point is you don't even need all of that.

Someone says they were harassed.

You don't tell them to meet with that person outside work.

Not complicated.

Can we all agree on something?

If it comes from one or only a very limited amount of people you're right but she's so vague I can't tell that so I assumed it was separate remarks by separate people which seemed more likely to me. If she complained to the manager about a single person and he did half the things she described on Twitter then yeah, that coffee suggestion is idiotic. There's a point where it's clear you're not going to solve this yourself and someone needs to step in.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:55 AM, Riccardo Cagnasso said:

So let's recap.

- people in the management criticize the quality of her work, as they should be since it's their job

- she doesn't like it and starts complaining about her superiors

- they point out that their management is made up of accomplished professionals and she's a newbie that could be fired anytime

- she gets offended at the fact that they didn't fire all the senior management because she was complaining

- she alleges that she was "inappropriately grabbed" whatever it means

- she's perplexed by the fact that LTT cares about what public faces put in the video and weather they will stick with the brand

Honestly, you are downplaying quite a bit. Ill go by it point for point.

- Critique shouldn't be a problem. Telling someone their work is dogshit is a problem. Ofcourse I wasn't there so I don't know the exact words used. But telling something isn't up to standards is something else than calling it dogshit.

- unhelpful statement by you. Be a bit more human and understand that this was a horrible situation in her experience.

- having that specific feeling will make you suck at your job. No matter how far down the tree you are. You should feel safe so you can do your best work. If that feeling isn't there that is LMG's failure. Especially when she didn't feel safe to speak about it.

- again, the fact she felt she couldn't address this is LMG's failure.

- what you are describing is a problem in the media world. If you are seen as a face of the company, you will be protected against anything but rape and murder.  This isn't LMG exclusive, but it is their failure.

The big issue here is that mental wounds are invisible and very easy to downplay. If Madison was bruised her case would be easier and LMG's HR could've done more.

Don't get me wrong I think these are growing pains combined with toxic "nerd/incel-culture". The perpetrators need to be rehabilitated and if - impossible at LMG - let go.

This is a techspace wide issue. You told me without telling me you are a.part of the problem. Work out your issues, I know this can be seen as a harsh attack by me to you as someone you do not know at all. But at this moment. Based on these reactions. You might be hurting, or hurting others with your own behaviour.  Look at it closely in the coming period, and find some help treating the behaviour you show or is being shown to you. Because you are dealing with some yourself.

To the people personally attacking anyone else, you don't seem to realize that the community as well is held accountable here. You're only making matters worse.

Someone found my Youtube channel and started bullying me because I went against Linus. Get real. This is never gonna end well for Linus or even the community of people supporting him. If you wanna help, at the very least be decent.

9 minutes ago, nowItContinues said:

Honestly, you are downplaying quite a bit. Ill go by it point for point.

- Critique shouldn't be a problem. Telling someone their work is dogshit is a problem. Ofcourse I wasn't there so I don't know the exact words used. But telling something isn't up to standards is something else than calling it dogshit.

- unhelpful statement by you. Be a bit more human and understand that this was a horrible situation in her experience.

- having that specific feeling will make you suck at your job. No matter how far down the tree you are. You should feel safe so you can do your best work. If that feeling isn't there that is LMG's failure. Especially when she didn't feel safe to speak about it.

- again, the fact she felt she couldn't address this is LMG's failure.

- what you are describing is a problem in the media world. If you are seen as a face of the company, you will be protected against anything but rape and murder.  This isn't LMG exclusive, but it is their failure.

The big issue here is that mental wounds are invisible and very easy to downplay. If Madison was bruised her case would be easier and LMG's HR could've done more.

Don't get me wrong I think these are growing pains combined with toxic "nerd/incel-culture". The perpetrators need to be rehabilitated and if - impossible at LMG - let go.

This is a techspace wide issue. You told me without telling me you are a.part of the problem. Work out your issues, I know this can be seen as a harsh attack by me to you as someone you do not know at all. But at this moment. Based on these reactions. You might be hurting, or hurting others with your own behaviour.  Look at it closely in the coming period, and find some help treating the behaviour you show or is being shown to you. Because you are dealing with some yourself.

How do people call dogshit then? Whats the best method of sugarcoating it?

You know what "Nerd/Incel" culture is? Steve just showed everyone. They called LTTs dogshit out. What would have happened to Maddie if she worked at GN? Lets take a wild guess

Nerd culture is about excellence. We call the word nerd in a derogatory way. Whats your problem with excellence? 

I'm curious about how HR would handle things said "on the clock" vs "off the clock" and if "implied consent" has any merit in social spaces like a bar where having a drink after work would have a certain expectancy of unprofessional discussion and behavior and how far that would extend to something like LTT's staff rooms and activities where they can game after the day's work is done.