Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

4 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

I agree.  Makes me wonder if it isn't why Linus stepped down and brought in a new CEO.  Maybe he knew he just wasnt up to the task of running the company?

I go back and forth on that. I think part of it maybe is that he knows he isn't cut out to do the day to day management of a ~100-employee company and wants to just focus on content, which would be good. On the other hand, if he thinks that simply because he doesn't have the title "CEO" anymore he can exercise the same type of poor judgment and emotional outbursts while he remains undeniably the face and driving force of the company, then it will do no good at all and is arguably a cynical move. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

I go back and forth on that. I think part of it maybe that he knows he isn't cut out to do the day to day management of a ~100-employee company and wants to just focus on content, which would be good. On the other hand, if he thinks that simply because he doesn't have the title "CEO" anymore he can exercise the same type of poor judgment and emotional outbursts while he remains undeniably the face and driving force of the company, then it will do no good at all and is arguably a cynical move. 

He definitely needs to work on that second part.  He's always spoke before thinking and ends up with his foot in his mouth.  He is extremely cocky by nature and tries to hide it, but it shows through.  I dont watch LTT solely for Linus.  I am invested in all of the faces that are there.  Thats why I hope this gets worked out.  Not for Linus's sake but for the sake of the rest of the company and for Madison.

They hired a independent entity to investigate as they should but i suspect it wont take them long.

When we investigate things like this we start with the facts of what said and does it add up to simple examination.

Here  problems start to show with it because its rather hard to be silenced when you can quite literately walk down the hall into either Yvonne or Linus office.

Then there other aspects which don't make much sense  and would get further looking into.

We also talk to others coming forward and here there are crickets and silence.

Lmg been around 15 years yet no with employees past and present have come forward unlike activision where floodgates opened.

We also look at the person saying this which some may think is unfair and punishing the victim but if you remember Amber heard sometimes they aren't the victim.

If i was investigating this i have multiple red flags showing even before i walked into the door.

This doesn't preclude this from having happened and you still take the steps you need to to do things properly .

Why don't the facts in the story add up to what would have been possible for her to do.

Why is there no one else coming forward?

Then there the person themselves.

2 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

They hired a independent entity to investigate as they should but i suspect it wont take them long.

When we investigate things like this we start with the facts of what said and does it add up to simple examination.

Here  problems start to show with it because its rather hard to be silenced when you can quite literately walk down the hall into either Yvonne or Linus office.

Then there other aspects which don't make much sense which don't make sense and would get further looking into.

Lmg been around 15 years no with employees past and present yet unlike activision there no one else.

We also look at the person saying this which some may think is unfair and punishing the victim but if you remember Amber heard sometimes they aren't the victim.

If i was investigating this i have multiple red flags showing even before i walked into the door.

This doesn't preclude this from having happened and you still take the steps you need to to do things properly .

Why don't the facts in the story add up to what would have been possible for her to do.

Who are "we" you're talking about?

8 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

Then there other aspects which don't make much sense  and would get further looking into.

Lmg been around 15 years yet no with employees past and present have come forward unlike activision where floodgates opened.

Ex - employee did stand up for her. 

6 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

A large issue seems to be the conflict of interests with having the HR being lead by part owner and the wife of the other owner. Considering that there seems to be a problem on multiple levels, even with some higher management, doing something about Madison's allegations would mean going against some of their longest tenured and most important employees. I can understand why they wanted to ignore it. Not to mention that that kind of HR is nowhere near competent and large enough to handle the company of that size. HR at the time was also doing accounting and handling other positions and probably didn't have time to deal with this 

1 minute ago, agatong439 said:

But which part of her accusation is he referring to?  All of it?  Parts of it?  Was it the sexual harassment, the belittlement or just the over work?  Not downplaying it but, its still very vague.

41 minutes ago, creat0r said:

Thank you. I’m traveling and on my phone and it’s hard to find things in the Reddit app. I’m wondering who recorded this? It kind of looks/sounds like a security camera. But why would it be setup filming a PC? More importantly, who leaked this? (I guess no one knows but it’s still interesting). 

The video was added later, only the audio was recorded.
I don't have any of those answers but if had to bet would be that someone that had a good relationship with Madison recorded it and shared it with her like "Yup, they're talking about it.". The rest is history. I don't believe that the burner account owner has any more information. I do believe tho, that a lot of people know a lot more about this situation and are choosing to stay silent about it and I also believe that there are similar cases with other LTT (former or current) employees that we don't know (yet).

This font is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

Not everyone is comfortable going to the head of the company, especially if some of the issues stem from the head of the company (like if the allegation of essentially announcing her hiring before actually hiring is true; that immediately starts off on the wrong foot).  If Linus did indeed dismiss her concerns about what was promised, after moving, then the structure isn't there to support someone like that.  That's the issue of not mentioning anything at all about going to HR in the handbook, the fact is the question becomes how many employees are even aware or know HR's number then.  (But I'm not putting too much speculation on the claims until I hear what the 3rd party's assessment was).

10 minutes ago, Magnus33 said:

There has been hints of some issues from past female employees before; but nothing that really stuck or people took notice of.  In general it's the whole issue that unless you have  others to back you up, there is little motivation to make it public when potential future careers might rely on it.

I'm trying to look for it, but there was a female employee who had gone to Twitter regarding the workplace environment...I just can't remember enough details though to find it through searching, but I know it exists.  There has also been a bit of mystery behind Max's departure, where what was claimed as going to live somewhere else turned out to be only for a few months

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

22 minutes ago, Pekirt said:

Hi.

First post.

If anyone was trying to look for corroborating evidence that the fanbase had strong opinions and biases that would make it hard for someone to publicly speak out about alleged stuff happening at LTT... You realize that this forum and some of the posts here would easily form one leg of that group of evidence, right?

Folks, when trying to defend your beloved company (even if the justification seems to be 'keeping an open mind'), perhaps the best thing you can do is to NOT try to defend it? (And for your own sake, maybe do some research into power relationships, abuse etc? )

An external investigation engaged by the company can tell THE COMPANY what's wrong and how to fix things. How truthful/valuable to the company it is would depend on, among other things, under what parameters the company engages that third party. It could be extremely valuable and a positive influence if done right. However, it is, at the end of the day, an investigator hired by the company. For the "fourth parties", their findings ought to come with buckets of grains of salt. See, for example, Blizzard.

Last post.

Y'all have a good day.

Bye.

They could easily ask WorksafeBC to conduct the investigation which is absolutely an impartial third party.

I woke from my slumber. Since I passed out, suddenly the men realizing that Madison now had the backing of former employees needed a new angle. So suddenly many of these incels became professional doctor and lawyers. I am neither but I can tell you with my basic knowledge of both that no talented ER doctor or Saul goodman is reading this thread at any point in time. If you want Madison to prove all her statements to be take seriously how about you all post your license to practice as medical doctors or to practice as a lawyer.

Also, yes women were really important in the history of computer science. A lot of there accomplishments were stolen and taken by men. Men like you incels with the fragile egos and mental maturity of two year olds. But I wouldn't expect any of you to have ever read history because that would require critical thinking and reflection.

1 minute ago, TeraSeraph said:

They could easily ask WorksafeBC to conduct the investigation which is absolutely an impartial third party.

Maybe they have?  They haven't disclosed who was doing the investigation, only that a third party was doing it,

1 minute ago, AcidBurn98 said:

I woke from my slumber. Since I passed out, suddenly the men realizing that Madison now had the backing of former employees needed a new angle. So suddenly many of these incels became professional doctor and lawyers. I am neither but I can tell you with my basic knowledge of both that no talented ER doctor or Saul goodman is reading this thread at any point in time. If you want Madison to prove all her statements to be take seriously how about you all post your license to practice as medical doctors or to practice as a lawyer.

Also, yes women were really important in the history of computer science. A lot of there accomplishments were stolen and taken by men. Men like you incels with the fragile egos and mental maturity of two year olds. But I wouldn't expect any of you to have ever read history because that would require critical thinking and reflection.

Tell me you glanced at all the posts instead of reading anything without actually telling me.  Quit man bashing and read.

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

Maybe they have?  They haven't disclosed who was doing the investigation, only that a third party was doing it,

I suspect it is WorksafeBC? No name was disclosed. I want to see an offical report before I make judgement on this matter.

Just now, TeraSeraph said:

I suspect it is WorksafeBC? No name was disclosed. I want to see an offical report before I make judgement on this matter.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't want to discredit Madison off the rip. There very well may be truth to what she's saying. But everyone jumping on the bandwagon of "This was the last straw for me!" needs to hold up at least a little bit.

First of all, these are just allegations. Typically here in the western world, we consider allegations to be just that--allegations. Not proof by themselves. If there is some corroboration, absolutely. But we live in a time where we've seen the power of women making these types of allegations, and often they have been true...and it's great that the offenders were brought down in those cases! However, there have been some who have come out and made false allegations, or at the very least uncorroborated allegations. Sometimes out of malice, and sometimes truly unintentionally. Which leads me to my next point.

Second, Traumatic experience does weird things to the brain. It's very possible that some of what she is saying is true, and some of it is not. People, especially those who have certain neurodivergences, can catastrophize things. There could have been something innocuous that her already-stressed mind blew up into something way worse. I'm not saying that's certainly what is happening here. But absent supporting evidence, I think these things should be considered. It's not good practice, nor does it set a good precedent, to believe an allegation on it's face. Even when the person making it might truly believe it's true, there could be some nuance they are leaving out. Given that she, admittedly, harmed herself to take a day off... I would say it's safe to assume that she does have some sort of neurodivergence/mental illness. Whether caused by this job or not, it's worth considering that her account of events (and even her perception at the time) may not be fully reliable or accurate.

Third, LMG is a "small" company relatively, but they're big for this space. Given that, it's important to remember that since she's not naming names, she could be talking about one, or multiple, of literally over one-hundred people with her most serious allegations. If someone did make sexually inappropriate comments, there's no reason to believe outright that it was one of the people you see on camera all the time. Or that those people even knew. Sometimes evil people are good at concealing their evil, and there could be a bad actor or two that are "hiding in the shadows" so-to-speak, who were mistreating her and then getting ahead of any reports by spreading lies or warnings about her. That's definitely bad, very bad, but it's not always easy to be aware of people who are doing that in the moment. Pre-framing has some insane psychological effects. There have been studies done on this. If I drop subtle hints about a person, painting them in a negative light in your head, it's likely that you'll perceive them as negative. If I drop subtle positive hints, the opposite is likely to happen. This has been studied, especially as part of marketing. It's a crazy phenomenon. So good-natured people could have been pre-framed to believe she was just a drama-starter and that could be why they intially wrote her off. Again, I'm not saying that makes the situation okay. But I'm saying that a bad actor could have gotten away with it for a reason that is far less bad than the top dogs just not caring or writing her off.

Please, don't read this as a blanket defense of LMG. I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that since there's an investigation that will be underway regarding these allegations, it's important not to jump to hard-line conclusions just yet, regardless of the credibility you may associate with the accuser. (And on the flip side, we shouldn't assume the accuser has bad intentions either, even if they do end up being inaccurate)

6 minutes ago, loonks said:

Who are "we" you're talking about?

4 minutes ago, agatong439 said:

We are not going to advertise here its the not the place for it or even needed.

Also dub not coming forward and saying he was victim too he saying what he did.

He saying he brought this up and helped her find another job.

This doesn't match up to what she already said happened.

This doesn't by itself means it didn't happen but you start looking into why its not matching up.

Well, the way you misunderstood what sort of third-party investigation is concluded in situations like this, already shows your credibility 🙂

6 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

My thoughts exactly.

Its almost a certainty.

Also dub not coming forward and saying he was victim too he saying what he did.

He saying he brought this up and helped her find another job.

This doesn't match up to what she already said happened.

This doesn't by itself means it didn't happen but you start looking into why its not matching up.

You seem to lack reading skills. Nothing he said contradicts Madison. He said that he was aware of her complaints when she worked there and ultimatly stepped in as a support net and helper her get a new job after the fallout. I wonder why he would of helped her if this was all bogus made up lies. The only people that contradict themselves are you incels. You first ask for proof, then when her co workers from that time defend her suddenly you dont want proof.

1 hour ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

This is just dumb.  It has nothing to do with gender bias.

Right buddy.  You are smart and I am dumb.  Every bit of social science, and the observable change from comp-sci being "womens work" to being "mens work". Are all wrong.  Sure...  🙂 LMBO

57 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

I am NOT saying that there are no women in tech or that women haven't made huge advances in tech.  I'm saying that there are more men in the field.  Nothing more.

But WHY are there more men in the field.  Did you not say or imply that it is "natural" that more men be in the field? Or did you get confused with the other guys that are DEFINITELY saying that tech just isn't for girls? 

There are parts of a brain that are sexed.  These things influence behaviors that we'd call gender.  They deal with child rearing, mate selection, etc etc.  This is what makes men and women sociologically and psychologically different.  None of which impacts the ability to be logical or arrange a logical list of steps to take to complete a task.  

Every human being, especially a mother with kids to feed had to know to 

Find food

Catch/gather food

Gather wood for fire

Cook food

Then eat. 

A computer program is nothing but a long, complicated list of steps and conditional statements of what to do.  The computer that runs a program is nothing more than a device that will execute those steps.  There is NOHTING at all about any of that that is gendered.  There isn't.  Everyone can do that.  

As for what LTT does.  that's mostly not even the issue.  They have to gather data and make graphs.  Trust me, professional scientists point out issues in eachothers graphs all the time.  That's like the main way we figure out WTH is going on.   

In short yes there are differences between men and women.  None of which make either gender better at tech, or more able to deal with a hostile work environment. 

1 hour ago, RatKnight said:

Sadly, we as a society have lost the ability to look at anything objectively.

Wait, so we're not supposed to just pick a side, take everything to the extreme, and fight tooth and nail to make my side seem right/superior even if it means neglecting the facts?