Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family Plan trial is ending and the free 3 month code for participating in the trial does not work

angupesa0611

Summary

Xbox game pass had a trial for its friends and family program in select countries. This program allows 5 people to get gamepass for a low price and is quite a good deal. The trial ended today, August 15. For participating in the trial run users were to be given a 3-month free period of gamepass ultimate. However, the activation codes are invalid for Colombian customers (At least. can't verify the situation for other countries). A 1h long waiting time to get to Microsoft support is required for them to manually fix the issue. A big blunder for a huge company like Microsoft.

Quotes

participants with an active Game Pass subscription will "receive an Xbox Game Pass offer as a thank you" gift

My thoughts

I bought the gamepass with my friend group in Colombia, its quite a shock when you get the wrong code. I really do appreciate the fact that they are gifting us 3 months, but the blunder really feels like something a company like Microsoft shouldn't commit. The code gifted is a first-time user code, so it doesn't work for precious users like me who bought the program. Quite the stupid problem.

Sources

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-game-pass-friends-family-preview-is-ending-soon 

51 minutes ago, angupesa0611 said:

but the blunder really feels like something a company like Microsoft shouldn't commit.

Mistakes happen in all size companies, at least they are amending the issue. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER