Upgrading my Monitor suggestions.

myronhnio

I was using a Gigabyte G34WQC 34" . Recently the panel shows some problem and I send it for claiming warranty. They offered my a newer model  G3DWQCA since the older is unavailable on the market. I declined as i was looking to upgrade my setup so they offered me store credit.

Currently the options available are below:

LG C3 around 1400USD

LG C2 around 1000USD

Optix MEG381CQR Plus around 1400 USD

In Terms of budget my top limit is 1500USD and ideally I am looking something bigger than 32''.

From my research, i have seen that the LG C2 is pretty much reviewed as a PC monitor and that C3 does not offer that much of an upgrade to justify the price diferrence.

My only worry is that this is a advertised as a TV and that would cause some issues when used as a PC monitor.

The C3 is essentially the same as the C2 ..so forget it.

C2 vs MEG.

The C2 has no issues being used as a PC monitor for gaming, the issues arrive if the user 'abuses it'. Just be mindful that its OLED and it will be fine.

For text work ..its not hte best due to its subpixel layout, but its a small issue. See review below.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/42-c2-oled

The MEG ...its got a few issues ..predominantly pixel response. Without OD is not fast enough.. with OD it has massive overshoot.

heres a full review

Unless u specifically want dedicated ultrawide, i'd get the OLED.. bare in mind due to the C2 size u can always run a custom ultrawide resolution on it with black bars (pixels off) to get that ultrawide experience.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |