Baldur's Gate 3 causes computer shut down

Nick_IGiveUp
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

Sounds to me like you're tripping OCP on the PSU. 

Have you tried limiting the FPS in the game or reducing the power limit on the GPU?

Hey there I've been running into issues recently. I upgraded my PC about a month back now and it has been working completely fine until 2 days ago when it shut down while running Baldur's Gate 3.

Since it shut down the first time it has happened 3 more times, I have been playing the game since release but the issue only started 2 days back so I'm unsure what changed. After the PC shuts down it will be unable to turn back on for a few minutes but after the first shut down I have kept an eye on the temps and the CPU hasn't gone above 90 and GPU hasn't gone above 82 at least that I've noticed. During the second and third shut down I was loading a save but this first and forth were just in normal gameplay not even combat. 

I have tried running furmark and cinebench and neither cause a crash nor did Cyberpunk 2077 at max settings although each time the crash happened on BG3 it was after hours of play and using the computer for other tasks throughout the day, although after the first crash it seems each following crash has been happening with less time played. I also tried limiting my framerate down to 144 and still issues, I haven't tried lowering quality settings but I imagine with my build it wouldn't be an issue.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/XT8Jzf
That is my current specs, I'm aware that 850W isn't recommended for 40 series GPU's but I already had it and I head it could still work with it. The power supply is kinda old it I got it January 2020 but if it is a power draw issue I am unsure why the computer stays off for a few minutes afterwards?

My graphic drivers are up to date and since the pc was newly built all the bios and chipset drivers were added when I built it so they are also fairly new I am also running BG3 on DX11 not Vulcan.

Have you tried limiting the FPS in the game or reducing the power limit on the GPU?

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I limited the FPS to 144 aka the refresh rate of my monitor but have tried changing the power limit yet, I’ll try that tomorrow

I don't think it's PSU.  I have the exact same problem on a ROG G14 2022, 6900S, 6800HS... It just randomly shuts down. Sometimes the game barely started (so not an overheating problems). 

If anyone has a solution...

I have the same problem. Specs is 3060 ti, i5 10400f, 650W PSU, 32 GB DDR$ 2666Mhz.

It happens mostly when I interact with a npc to trade. It just cuts power and then my pc immediately turn on by it self. I have limit my fps to 144 and I played on medium graphics, but it still happens. Any help?