Win11 You'll need internet for this

Zalosath

Hi,

Just swapped out my old motherboard, CPU, and RAM and having trouble with windows. I can boot into it, but I can't login because I need to reset my pin, doing so requires internet access but I can't seem to connect, ethernet or WiFi. 

PXL_20230809_234539171.thumb.jpg.5bd8272985d836fc90c6bce61e0bb6d3.jpg

PXL_20230809_234426226.thumb.jpg.66d731e15e176a1e71c2a07d441038af.jpg

Anyone know how I can fix this? Ideally I want to avoid reinstalling windows, but as a last resort it could be an option. 

Cheers.

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]

Buy a USB wifi stick with drivers natively seen by win10/11

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

well with no network drivers installed the pc will have no way to access the internet with the current os , you can try safe mode and see what happens

Can you temporarily hook up you PC to a router with an Ethernet cable? That would allow you to get all the drivers you need/ change the pin.

Actually just answered a question with a similar answer.

In your case, (since the computer at least boots) you need to:

1. Download the network drivers for the new motherboard from the motherboard manufacture's website
  2. Save them to a flash drive
  3. Install them on the computer

I'd still look at my solution posted in a simliar thread because based on your post, I would recommend reinstalling Windows... otherwise I would bet you will be back here later with more problems

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Buy a USB wifi stick with drivers natively seen by win10/11

I tried this, the networks listed but wouldn't connect. 

14 hours ago, emosun said:

well with no network drivers installed the pc will have no way to access the internet with the current os , you can try safe mode and see what happens

No luck with safe mode.

14 hours ago, Yaboi_Sel said:

Can you temporarily hook up you PC to a router with an Ethernet cable? That would allow you to get all the drivers you need/ change the pin.

PC was connected with ethernet, just no drivers for it to work.

8 hours ago, problemsolver said:

Actually just answered a question with a similar answer.

In your case, (since the computer at least boots) you need to:

1. Download the network drivers for the new motherboard from the motherboard manufacture's website
  2. Save them to a flash drive
  3. Install them on the computer

I'd still look at my solution posted in a simliar thread because based on your post, I would recommend reinstalling Windows... otherwise I would bet you will be back here later with more problems

I ended up following those steps, but I also reinstalled windows. Turns out this board does not come with WiFi or ethernet drivers by default so you have to install them manually. I put the drivers on a USB and during setup, ran a few commands to install the drivers from the USB. Took a ridiculous amount of time but finally working.

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]