Did i do the steps correctly or did i do anything wrong?

So i basically sold off my gpu earlier and this is what i did. First Ran A Heaven Benchmark. After that i Booted Into Advanced Startup > Troubleshoot > Startup Settings > Then Chose Safe Mode.

Used DDU to delete the drivers and shut down. After i did those i then turned off my power supply switch, unplugged the power cord connected to the psu, disconnected from the cord too from the UPS. And Then i did a discharge by pressing and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds and after that i unscrewed my gpu then took it out.

Did i do all the steps right? Im asking you guys because my monitor is broken currently and i dont have spare monitors to use to check if everythings right. I can boot my pc but no display.

My cmos will be unharmed right?

Oh i forgot to add abit of context but the monitor broke AFTER i took out the gpu because i plugged on another pc to test if the gpu was good or not and used the exact monitor i did for testing heaven, and the steps above.

Also i tried booting on my pc from motherboard hdmi (*borrowed a spare monitor to test*) And because i dont have a gpu anymore so it means im using integrated graphics and it has no display but it boots on and it turns off normally. so i tried resetting/jumping the cmos for 10 - 20 secs it also didnt work, still no display. I dont have any gpu installed anymore while doing this So do i just wait for the next gpu and plug it in after and it would show a display and would just boot normally? aside from the no uninstallation of the drivers.

But i dont think it really resetted the cmos im just assuming? But aside from all that i said above. Is my pc gonna function well after i get my gpu and it gets plugged in? PC clearly recieved power and the only thing is that it has no display but the pc and all parts are working, boots on and i just need to click the power button to shut it off no need for a force shut down. Im just alittle concerned and worried about jumping/reset cmos part abit Because maybe it really resetted my cmos/bios? Or it didnt? Maybe it would complicate things once i have my gpu?

Maybe, maybe not.

I don't know why you are worried that your CMOS have been erased because this should not impact the ability of your computer to boot.  You may have to re-enable XMP or DOCP but that won't prevent boot.

As for using integrated graphics, it may be an option, or not, depending on the processor you have. Some processors have integrated graphics and some do not. But since motherboards support both processor types, they always have a video output, even if your processor lacks integrated graphics.

2 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I don't know why you are worried that your CMOS have been erased because this should not impact the ability of your computer to boot.  You may have to re-enable XMP or DOCP but that won't prevent boot.

As for using integrated graphics, it may be an option, or not, depending on the processor you have. Some processors have integrated graphics and some do not. But since motherboards support both processor types, they always have a video output, even if your processor lacks integrated graphics.

Before i took off the gpu all was working well it'd boot normally and no certain other oddities were spotted. I wasnt using motherboard hdmi at that time i was using the gpu dp. Im just wondering if Integrated Graphics is off by default and if you need a gpu to turn it on.

And i uninstalled the gpu drivers also and shut it down. 

1 minute ago, tmkrnt said:

Before i took off the gpu all was working well it'd boot normally and no certain other oddities were spotted. I wasnt using motherboard hdmi at that time i was using the gpu dp. Im just wondering if Integrated Graphics is off by default and if you need a gpu to turn it on.

And i uninstalled the gpu drivers also and shut it down. 

The pc works normally and i can even shut it off by pressing the power button and withot needing a force shut down. but no display when motherboard hdmi.

8 minutes ago, tmkrnt said:

The pc works normally but no display when motherboard hdmi.

7 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I didnt do anything in the bios prior to this. No xmps, no tweaks also no ocs.

1 minute ago, tmkrnt said:

Im just wondering if Integrated Graphics is off by default and if you need a gpu to turn it on.

Integrated graphics will activate if there are no other GPU in the system.

2 minutes ago, tmkrnt said:

The pc works normally but no display when motherboard hdmi.

If your processor lacks integrated graphics module, you  won't be able to use that motherboard HDMI port whatever you try to do.

Why not list your system components ? This could help greatly to pose a diagnostic.

6 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Integrated graphics will activate if there are no other GPU in the system.

If your processor lacks integrated graphics module, you  won't be able to use that motherboard HDMI port whatever you try to do.

Why not list your system components ? This could help greatly to pose a diagnostic.

i5 10600 

Prime H410M-E

1 kingston fury rgb 8gig ram stick

But im planning to take this out and have technicians take a look at the no motherboard hdmi display and they will reformat my pc and install a new ssd either way. But all was working well when the gpu was plugged in i uninstalled drivers using display driver uninstaller and did a clean and shut down i also did it in safe mode. I dont even think if i had a integrated graphics driver

6 minutes ago, tmkrnt said:

i5 10600 

Prime H410M-E

1 kingston fury rgb 8gig ram stick

But im planning to take this out and have technicians take a look at the no motherboard hdmi display and they will reformat my pc and install a new ssd either way. But all was working well when the gpu was plugged in i uninstalled drivers using display driver uninstaller and did a clean and shut down i also did it in safe mode. I dont even think if i had a integrated graphics driver

But if i were have to plug a gpu it'd have a display right? When i boot into windows? Though no drivers so it's only using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

5 minutes ago, tmkrnt said:

i5 10600 

This processor should have integrated graphics. An i5-10600F would be the model without integrated graphics.

4 minutes ago, tmkrnt said:

But if i were have to plug a gpu it'd have a display right? When i boot into windows? Though no drivers so it's only using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Right. But the same goes for the integrated graphics. They should at least use the basic Windows driver by default.

2 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

This processor should have integrated graphics. An i5-10600F would be the model without integrated graphics.

Right. But the same goes for the integrated graphics. They should at least use the basic Windows driver by default.

What should i say to the technican about the problem?

11 minutes ago, tmkrnt said:

What should i say to the technican about the problem?

I'll just tell them to look after this problem and say is this common for this to happen after uninstalling the drivers and shutting the pc down snd switching to hdmi?

On 8/8/2023 at 6:09 AM, Sawa Takahashi said:

Somehow, this happened so basically i was installing new ram two ram sticks and it still has no display. But then i turned it off and waited for abit turned it on again and spammed del key and booted to bios *it had a display after going to bios. It'd only work after going to bios* idk why but it worked thereon after. But sometimes it does the "No Signal" when we do something about the ram like reseating and it would boot properly but no display. It seems as though also i didnt reset CMOS because it didnt tell me to recover it but i hope it works because i downloaded the drivers for my CPU everything should be alright now? It won't keep doing the no signal issue now no? My monitor is still undergoing warranty and i just borrowed a monitor for abit and thats how i found out.