I’ve tried 2 different 4090s in my new pc that I put together and I get no display I use an older graphics card and it’s fine

I don’t really understand what’s going on I have been using a 2080 and even a 1080 in my new pc and I’ve recently gotten an 4090 and unfortunately I’ve gotten power because the lights come on but no display I thought it was the card sent it back to get a new one and still the same problem any idea what to do 

ddr5 gskill ram x4 

ROG strix z790e motherboard 

lga 1700 core

thor power supply 

rog strix 4090 

any help would be appreciated 

Power supply model/wattage?

Any error LEDs on motherboard/GPU?

All cables connected properly?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

28 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Power supply model/wattage?

Any error LEDs on motherboard/GPU?

All cables connected properly?

1000 watts

no codes on the motherboard there’s a flashing yellow led on the motherboard when i switch the cards around to try the 4090 

im using the cable that’s made for the 4090 

but if I’m using the other card like the 2080 I’m using the 8 pin and the 6 pin that it need to work 

Is your BIOS up to date ? Did you install the drivers from the ASUS website ? Are you using Displayport or HDMI ?

A yellow LED on that board (is this your board?) should be the DRAM LED. That board also has an error code display. Is there anything on that?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

1 hour ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Is your BIOS up to date ? Did you install the drivers from the ASUS website ? Are you using Displayport or HDMI ?

Bios is updated drivers for the 2080 is but I can’t do anything with the 4090 to see what I’m doing or if it’s really working if that makes sense. And I’m using the display port 

1 hour ago, Kid.Lazer said:

A yellow LED on that board (is this your board?) should be the DRAM LED. That board also has an error code display. Is there anything on that?

Yeah there’s no code on it it’s blank so it should be good right 

1 minute ago, KeenanS said:

Yeah there’s no code on it it’s blank so it should be good right 

Is the yellow LED you're referring indeed the DRAM error LED?

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

1 hour ago, KeenanS said:

Bios is updated drivers for the 2080 is but I can’t do anything with the 4090 to see what I’m doing or if it’s really working if that makes sense. And I’m using the display port 

Some boards are not outputting signal if only a Displayport is used. If you can use the HDMI (you can even use a TV) to test if you get a signal that way. I remember seeing a fix for the Displayport problem. I just can't remember where this was. I'll try finding it back.

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Is the yellow LED you're referring indeed the DRAM error LED?

It is not the DRAM says the manual

1 hour ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Some boards are not outputting signal if only a Displayport is used. If you can use the HDMI (you can even use a TV) to test if you get a signal that way. I remember seeing a fix for the Displayport problem. I just can't remember where this was. I'll try finding it back.

Tried the HDMI as well nothing it’s super weird I can plug in the two other cards no problem and have display but the bigger card won’t could it be the monitor? I normally use 3 omen 27 inch monitors from like 5 years ago but I don’t see how that would make it work differently 

7 hours ago, KeenanS said:

I don’t really understand what’s going on I have been using a 2080 and even a 1080 in my new pc and I’ve recently gotten an 4090 and unfortunately I’ve gotten power because the lights come on but no display I thought it was the card sent it back to get a new one and still the same problem any idea what to do 

ddr5 gskill ram x4 

ROG strix z790e motherboard 

lga 1700 core

thor power supply 

rog strix 4090 

any help would be appreciated 

Your CPU model isn't mentioned... what model is it?

Does the 4090 have any lights or do the fans spin at any point?

Regardless, based off of the screwy behavior you've mentioned:

• Clear the CMOS
  • Unplug the computer completely
  • Install the 4090 and then power it up

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

8 hours ago, problemsolver said:

Your CPU model isn't mentioned... what model is it?

Does the 4090 have any lights or do the fans spin at any point?

Regardless, based off of the screwy behavior you've mentioned:

• Clear the CMOS
  • Unplug the computer completely
  • Install the 4090 and then power it up

I added pictures of the parts I hope this helps 

IMG_6920.jpeg

IMG_6921.jpeg

19 hours ago, KeenanS said:

1080 in my new pc and I’ve recently gotten an 4090

Does the system boot with both the 1080 and 4090 installed together? If the 1080 can output video you can see if the 4090 is even detected in device manager. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Double check the power connections for the 4 PCI cables. If you have a modular power supply maybe try swapping ports around or try the 1080 and make sure it can be powered by all 4 PCI cables. 

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Does the system boot with both the 1080 and 4090 installed together? If the 1080 can output video you can see if the 4090 is even detected in device manager. 

I have not tried that yet that would be a good try I’ll update later today