What can i Program.

clementk

okay so i though i must try to start a topic that might be interesting i had allot of java coding when i was in school and now going to go to collage soon (to go and do programming) after doing some networking and i just wanted to refresh and maybe just challenge myself again.

So i had the idea to make a topic where people can suggest simple programs that they might want that can be useful , something simple that can be done fast and not take to long.

so if you have a idea post it here and i or anybody else that wants to can maybe make it.

Needs Update

Making a game of BlackJack is a good practice program. The Rules are rather simple to understand and it's moderately complex to program without taking too long. It's makes it quite a good brain picker.

Minecraft mod :D

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Resident Evil 2 remake.

Shenmue remake.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Make a mod for Minecraft that lets you build a computer 0.0

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K @3.4 GHz || MOBO: MSI A88XM-E35 || RAM: Patriot Viper 3 4GB 1600 MHz || GPU: MSI R7770 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition || Case: Sentey Optimus Extreme Division GS-6000R || Storage: SanDisk SDSSDP-128GB | 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm || PSU: Corsair CX430 80+ Bronze || Montitor: Acer G226HQLBbd Black 21.5" 1080p || Keybarod: CM Storm Devastator Blue || Mouse: CM Storm Devastator Blue || † TTCF Member †

It all depends on your skill level, but yeah I also agree with the BlackJack idea.

Did this a year or so ago and took me a while to figure it out. Great practice though

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

FizzBuzz

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

FizzBuzz

public class Fizzy {    public static void main (String [] args){        for(int i=1;i<=100;i++)System.out.println((i%3==0?"Fizz":"")+(i%5==0?"Buzz":"")+(i%3==0||i%5==0?"":i));    }}

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Minecraft mod :D

Modding is actually a good practice for OOP, that's how I learned the basics of operators and algorithms.

Making a game of BlackJack is a good practice program. The Rules are rather simple to understand and it's moderately complex to program without taking too long. It's makes it quite a good brain picker.

i started with it and started to see that it does take some time to implement all the ruls i got most of them in now still need to make images for the cards and then fix the rule with Ace being both 11 and 1 :D and then just the AI witch seems easy.

Needs Update

Ok well few hours later i got the card pics working perfectly, card dealing done , and card values done including Ace that is both 1 / 11 , checking if you or the AI busts , only thing left is to make the AI(computer decide when to Draw a card and when to stand and then determining the winner and resetting the game)

(not sure if i should do a money value in the first Build maybe after all is working )

Needs Update

Ok well few hours later i got the card pics working perfectly, card dealing done , and card values done including Ace that is both 1 / 11 , checking if you or the AI busts , only thing left is to make the AI(computer decide when to Draw a card and when to stand and then determining the winner and resetting the game)

(not sure if i should do a money value in the first Build maybe after all is working )

That's wonderful :) That's amazing progress you seem like you'll be a great programmer! Just continue with that and start aiming for bigger projects and you will do amazing things!

That's wonderful :) That's amazing progress you seem like you'll be a great programmer! Just continue with that and start aiming for bigger projects and you will do amazing things!

Okay well its mostly done don't know if i will do more but its working just 2 small bugs.

will maybe start other application just to keep busy until i can go study.

https://mega.co.nz/#!9EhjXJZS!rJJBtPaqp8QUPGzDUIL3IEscFRPtX1BtvWGGJF7yU5s

there is a download to it in jar form if you want the code let me know.

Needs Update