Secret Shopping Sponsors - Idea

MajesticFudgie

Just been watching the LTX WAN Show and Linus spoke about the scoring system.

One thought I had which would hopefully appease the majority of people and help Linus & Team score better would probably be average scoring?

Break down the experience into multiple 0-5 scores and average them for the final 0-5 score.

Possible scores could be:

• How easy was it to contact support?
    • 0 - Unable to at all
    • 5 - Well signposted either on product packaging, product webpage or company website.
  • How fast did support respond throughout?
    • 0 - Didn't respond
    • 5 - Live chat resolution or prompt <24hr email response
  • Was the product presented well with adequate documentation and packaging?
    • 0 - Packaging was bad / product was damaged / no documentation
    • 5 - Well packaged to avoid damage / product was in good condition / simple and easy to understand documentation
  • How willing was the company to offer replacements, refunds or other compensation
    • 0 - Refused straight away / Impossible hoops to jump through
    • 5 - Receipt and/or photo of damage/fault was enough without further probing.

They're just some possible ideas and could be cut down or completely redone to fit the video length and such to help simplify.

Ideally it'd result in a more fair and balanced score and avoid being backed into a corner where you've scored a company higher or lower than you should have done and leave less wiggle room for scoring others fairly.

It's of course an idea and others could build upon this or improve it but would love to see this implemented in future to help the score feel a little less arbitary.

I would agree that it needed more categories. Felt like some companies were given to high of a score even though they done a some what bad job.

At least with scoring like above you can see what parts they done well and failed at others.

2 hours ago, SnugglyGirl said:

I would agree that it needed more categories. Felt like some companies were given to high of a score even though they done a some what bad job.

At least with scoring like above you can see what parts they done well and failed at others.

100% what I was thinking. It'd also show the strong points and weak points of companies.

Yeah honestly while I love the idea behind this the execution was really lackluster. The old secret shopper was a multi video series with lots of details and insights. Not only fun but really informative.

Now granted it was easier because the products where comparable to each other which wasn't the case in this series. I still think a bit more in-depth review would have been possible. Like for example to show how clear/unclear manscaped makes it upfront that you actually enter a subscription model. Or how good the overall website was. Not only for support but just for buying as well. Stuff like that.

So good idea, but I really hope that they expand on it in the future.