Ez debug CPU lights flashes once and then PC shuts off.

Hey guys, in need of some help, I have exactly identical problems to this post, I have tried all the same troubleshooting steps as he did although the only thing that worked was unplugging literally everything from the mobo and psu except for the 24pin and leaving 1 stick of ram, when it's just that plugged in the light doesn't turn off right away (idk if it posts haven't gotten that far yet) all I'm wondering is what does this even mean? As soon as I plug the 8pin back in the light turns off right after boot... I thought my CPU was for sure dead until this happened

oh also this all started after swapping HDDs and pulling GPU to put in another server (I may have forgotten to turn off PSU and to insure all power was out of the system), I would have identical problems with the old mobo. Hence why I've got the bad gut feeling she's toast

I had this same issue with an MSI B550m Pro-VDH WiFi recently. turns out it was a dead BIOS. Try using the BIOS Flashback with a USB stick if your model of motherboard has the feature. If that doesn't work then it might be time for an RMA.