I'm considering my next keyboard purchase and need recommendations.

Vitalius
Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

Alright, well I think that's a good consensus. 

Totals:
Logitech G710+ - 5 votes
Gigabyte Aivia Osmium - 1 vote
Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth - 1 vote

I'll do some research myself just for the sake of clarity and certainty, but these are my choices as far as I can tell. Thanks guys. 

After I'm done testing out my current keyboard, I'm buying a new one to try out a new switch. 

My requirements:

• Available in Black/Brown switches
  • Backlighting
  • Full Layout
  • Macro keys (any amount >= 5)
  • Not Red or Black (color scheme, includes backlighting).

Optionals that would be nice:

• USB+Mic/Headphones pass-through
  • Less than $120.
  • Not Cooler Master
  • Fn keys for media
  • Stealth keys

That's pretty much it. Basically, for those curious, I'm trying out different things to see what I prefer while building a keyboard collection rich in diversity. 

Thanks.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

have you looked at the Logitech G710+

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

have you looked at the Logitech G710+

Wow, no I haven't. I like how it nails most of my criteria when I didn't even look it up. The only problem is it's appearance. It's ugly. D: 

That's a good backup though. If no one suggests anything else, I'll go with that one. I can paint it or something at least. Still, I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the optional things I want for a better looking keyboard. I like nice aesthetics. Thanks for the suggestion. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

the G710+ gets another vote from me, its much better looking in person 

Ill show you how it looks on my desk when I get home, I think it looks quite clean and smart with just a slight hint of gamer bling thrown in

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

K70 (just noticed you want macro keys)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

K70 (just noticed you want macro keys)

Yup. I'd like to have them and see if I can feel like I use them. Personally, I can't think of a single thing to use them for in terms of video games (I play a lot of the games that you'd normally use them in, i.e. RTS), but functions on computers would be cool.

Basically, I've never had them on the keyboard before, so I want to see if I'll use them more than I do the ones on my mouse (I tend to tie those to certain functions and just use them as spare mouse buttons as is).

† Christian Member †

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The Blackwidow 2013 Stealth has brown Cherry MX's, headphone/mic jacks, FN keys etc. I think they have a tournament edition avaiable aswell, and they'll charge I think 90$ for it? Not sure exactly, I don't live in the US. I'm very satisfied with my BW, except that I don't have a reason to shop for other mechanical keyboards. :P The Blackwidow has 5 macro keys at the left side of the keyboard. The backlighting, ''ultimate'' edition will cost you about 120-130 I believe though, but you might be able to snatch it for less in the US. I have the Ultimate edition myself and I'm enjoying it. You have about 10-15 different lighting options (in terms of brightness)

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

OMG a dalek

OMG Gallifrey movie studios. Hi :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

:( Why?

Because I already own a CM Quickfire TK :) I just want a varied collection (multiple setups, features, aesthetics, and manufacturers, etc). 

I have nothing against CM. I like your products. I've enjoyed using my Red switch TK thus far aside from your numpad/arrow key hybrid thing (it bothers me because I actively use both). 

I put that as optional because I'm willing to actually consider a CM keyboard, I'd just put it as a lower priority than other ones because I already own one. Feel free to suggest one anyway. I still may choose it.

OMG Gallifrey movie studios. Hi :)

OFF TOPIC POSTS DETECTED!

DELETE. DELETE. DELETE.

(This is a joke. Just so non-whovians know.)

As for your other post, yes. I'm thinking I'll prefer Black/Brown switches over Blue/Red honestly. So this keyboard might be the one I stick with. I've already decided my mouse will be the Logitech G502 Proteus Core (unless I just hate using it), so anything that matches that is a plus. We will see. 

@Thalandros, Awesome. I didn't even think of Razer because I'm so used to ignoring their products (anything branded gamer is automatically knocked down a few spots on my list of things to consider). I've actually wanted to try one for a while (I've tested one out), just so I can say whether I feel their quality reflects their following for myself. Another valid option.

So my options thus far are:

Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth (Potentially Tournament edition)

Logitech G710+

Sweet.

† Christian Member †

Yup. I'd like to have them and see if I can feel like I use them. Personally, I can't think of a single thing to use them for in terms of video games (I play a lot of the games that you'd normally use them in, i.e. RTS), but functions on computers would be cool.

Basically, I've never had them on the keyboard before, so I want to see if I'll use them more than I do the ones on my mouse (I tend to tie those to certain functions and just use them as spare mouse buttons as is).

I used to use a Logitech G19 and it had like 15 G buttons for macros. never ever used them once (and i was playing many games at that point including WOW) tbh they aren't worth it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Because I already own a CM Quickfire TK :) I just want a varied collection (multiple setups, features, aesthetics, and manufacturers, etc). 

I have nothing against CM. I like your products. I've enjoyed using my Red switch TK thus far aside from your numpad/arrow key hybrid thing (it bothers me because I actively use both). 

I put that as optional because I'm willing to actually consider a CM keyboard, I'd just put it as a lower priority than other ones because I already own one. Feel free to suggest one anyway. I still may choose it.

Just checking to see if there was anything I could do for ya.

Sadly, I don't have a model I can recommend that hits all the necessities. The closest would be our Mech, but I don't think stock is out there any longer and it's above your price preference.

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Another vote for the G710+, unless u want to try Cherry MX Red switches than Corsair K95

Yup, on my SS Apex keyboard, I set one key as my email and the other macros as passwords. I wish my Ducky Shine III had those though :c, I would definitely buy a side macro keyboard if I can though, one that's like the numpad ones like this :P

COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

Just checking to see if there was anything I could do for ya.

Sadly, I don't have a model I can recommend that hits all the necessities. The closest would be our Mech, but I don't think stock is out there any longer and it's above your price preference.

Well, thanks for checking at least. 

My next keyboard will be minimalistic (backlighting, whichever switch I don't get between black/brown, and full layout and that's it) after this one (I use each one for 6 months before getting another). Maybe you guys will or do have something like that. :D

Another vote for the G710+, unless u want to try Cherry MX Red switches than Corsair K95

Yup, on my SS Apex keyboard, I set one key as my email and the other macros as passwords. I wish my Ducky Shine III had those though :c, I would definitely buy a side macro keyboard if I can though, one that's like the numpad ones like this :P

Interesting. 

I already have a red switch keyboard (typing on it now). I'm not a fan of this switch personally. It's cool, but it's took around a month to get use to for typing. Thanks for your input. :D

† Christian Member †

I love my G710+ upgraded from a Razer Blackwidow because the Razer drivers were so buggy I considered it unsafe. 

I had a G710+ that I used as my primary keyboard for almost 2 years. Solid keyboard that I'd still consider pulling out if I needed any fancy macro action for a game (which may be soon with Wildstar). 

Really, if you want macro-function on a solid keyboard with brown switches that isn't red or black in color scheme and has back lighting along with being full sized, the G710+ is the only keyboard I can think of.

The software is also really easy to use, and you can set different keyboard profiles for different games.

Alright, well I think that's a good consensus. 

Totals:
Logitech G710+ - 5 votes
Gigabyte Aivia Osmium - 1 vote
Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth - 1 vote

I'll do some research myself just for the sake of clarity and certainty, but these are my choices as far as I can tell. Thanks guys. 

† Christian Member †