Using GPU Temps as PWM Fan Speed Source for case fans?

naylor2006

Every time I google this I end up locating posts about altering the GPU fan curve its self and not the case fans!

I have a MSI PRO B760m-P motherboard and the options in BIOS for fan curve settings are CPU, System, MOS etc but not GPU, now of course I doubt the BIOS can pull any temps from the GPU like that and I guess I dont expect it to so im not complaining.

Just wondering and it would seem a good thing to do...and that is to have case fans ramp up when the GPU ramps up, is this done?

At the moment I use the 'system' temps to design the fan curve for the case fans, seems to work best rather than the using the CPU temps.

7 minutes ago, naylor2006 said:

Every time I google this I end up locating posts about altering the GPU fan curve its self and not the case fans!

I have a MSI PRO B760m-P motherboard and the options in BIOS for fan curve settings are CPU, System, MOS etc but not GPU, now of course I doubt the BIOS can pull any temps from the GPU like that and I guess I dont expect it to so im not complaining.

Just wondering and it would seem a good thing to do...and that is to have case fans ramp up when the GPU ramps up, is this done?

At the moment I use the 'system' temps to design the fan curve for the case fans, seems to work best rather than the using the CPU temps.

Does the UEFI have an option for PCIE_1 as the control temperature?

If not, then you'll have to do something third party, which could be an external controller like a Corsair Commander or software.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Does the UEFI have an option for PCIE_1 as the control temperature?

If not, then you'll have to do something third party, which could be an external controller like a Corsair Commander or software.

Doesnt look look like it 😕

Better off setting the curve manually in bios to match known gpu temps

Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States