Canon mg5750 Printer spitting out b204 when trying to print anything

Mochapoke
Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,
51 minutes ago, Mochapoke said:

Hey, been having an issue with my Canon mg5750 printer recently. It refuses to print anything it makes a lot of nosie like it's preparing to print and spits out B204 error code when trying to.

Also to note it doesnt turn on and prints b203 unless i turn it on with the printer open and close it halfway through the printer head moving to the left/right

it ALSO spits out b204 when doing any of the maintenance options (clean, deep clean etc)

I've tried:

• turning it on and off, leaving it on or off, unplugging for a long time then turning back on
  • cleaning the printer head
  • printing different things, in colour and black and white
  • removing the ink and putting it back in

Honestly at this point i suspect an issue with the printer head but any advice would be great

Manuals say B204 is bad ink, how old is it? And b203 is a general error code that seems analogous to a bsod for windows. 

My experience with Canon printers is that past like 2005, they're infuriating to work with when they work. 

Hey, been having an issue with my Canon mg5750 printer recently. It refuses to print anything it makes a lot of nosie like it's preparing to print and spits out B204 error code when trying to.

Also to note it doesnt turn on and prints b203 unless i turn it on with the printer open and close it halfway through the printer head moving to the left/right

it ALSO spits out b204 when doing any of the maintenance options (clean, deep clean etc)

I've tried:

• turning it on and off, leaving it on or off, unplugging for a long time then turning back on

Honestly at this point i suspect an issue with the printer head but any advice would be great

51 minutes ago, Mochapoke said:

I've tried:

Manuals say B204 is bad ink, how old is it? And b203 is a general error code that seems analogous to a bsod for windows. 

My experience with Canon printers is that past like 2005, they're infuriating to work with when they work. 

9 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

probably about two years? printer was given to me with ink but it was relativly new when given to me

so maybe that is it. i haven't used it in like, a year so i can't imagine that helped much.

any idea what i could do or does it just come down to "get new ink"

Printers are very much designed not to work

55 minutes ago, Mochapoke said:

so maybe that is it. i haven't used it in like, a year so i can't imagine that helped much.

1 year is plenty of time for the ink to dry out. If Canon still uses permanent ink jet nozzles and replaceable ink containers, your printer is as good as e-waste. Unclogging the jet nozzles is almost impossible. It is far cheaper to buy another printer.

On a personal note, I bought a used Laser Printer from a doctor's office years ago and I'm still using it to that day. The laser toner does not dry out and if kept clean and dust free, a laser printer should last a very long time.

1 hour ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

1 year is plenty of time for the ink to dry out. If Canon still uses permanent ink jet nozzles and replaceable ink containers, your printer is as good as e-waste. Unclogging the jet nozzles is almost impossible. It is far cheaper to buy another printer.

On a personal note, I bought a used Laser Printer from a doctor's office years ago and I'm still using it to that day. The laser toner does not dry out and if kept clean and dust free, a laser printer should last a very long time.

bugger. well i actually have a used laser printer lying around just without ink, so might see if i can acquire some ink for that in that case. appreciate the answer!