Cooling Upgrade/Update opinions & help needed

Budget (including currency): 500-750 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Unreal 5, The Hunter Call of the Wild and many more these are some where I see my temps get questionable. 1440p Ultra or high for games is typically my settings

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hardware: Thermaltake HT20 Snow case, 2080Ti hydro copper, I9 9900k @4.9 ghz on all cores, 32gb of corsair vengeance pro @3600mghz, Rog Maximus XI Formula.

Cooling Components: Corsair XD5 pump/res, Corsair XR7 360mm Rad w 3x120 mm LL fans, GPU built in block, Corsair XC7 cpu block. The three fans pull air in from the bottom and the two on top push air out.

To no surprise I reach 90-96 C, when rendering; however, While playing games mainly the hunter call of the wild, I see temps of 88C, even in league I'll see temps of 70-80C. Idle temps are usually around 40-45C. With coolant temps around 49-54 C I believe this is when I am getting heat soaked. Which I am trying to eliminate

I have narrowed it down to two options, 

1. I add an additional 360 mm radiator after the vram and before the pump

• Pro's - Cheaper and should solve the issue
  • Con's - I'm not sure how I would add in 3-5 fans as my commander pro and lighting node are full. If I recall correctly you want more airflow going into the case than out, I'm unsure of how to accomplish this.

2.(Preferred) I spit the loops by adding Hydro X Series XD7 RGB Pump/Reservoir Combo and a 360mm XR5 radiator along with 3 120mm fans using either LL 120 or the new ones that use the Link tech. 

Questions of the second method

• Would this be enough for my cpu (I9 9900k @ 4.9ghz on all cores) to not get heat soaked?
  • Could I get away with a 240mm rad on the bottom of the case in the back?
  • Due to the small amount of coolant this loop would hold could I add a small res in the loo for the sole purpose of adding more fluid to lower the time it would take to get heat soaked if it were to even get this point?

How I would like to execute option 2 (not sure if it would work)

• Pushing the current rad and fans to a vertical position in the back.
  • Mounting the new XD7 on the plate below the motherboard
  • Using the XR5 rad and 3 fans using the link fans to lower the profile in the front as it would block part of the XD7
  • THE ISSUES with this method: Cable management has to be top notch, creating positive pressure within the case.

I have attached photos of the current setup

waterloop.png

PXL_20230724_154239142.jpg

PXL_20230724_154258807.jpg

PXL_20230724_154232286.jpg

You should add a second rad anyway, so start with that maybe ?

Else just removing the GPU from the loop back on aircooling would be another cheap solution

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Your computer case frightens and confuses me. I would just add another radiator and switch to a larger RGB thingymajig?

Seperate loops are not the best, as loading up your GPU might make that get way hotter than it would if the CPU radiator could cool it as well, even though the CPU might run a bit hotter as well. Seperate loops also add more, which might not bother you that much, seeing as you have hard line tubing.
Another option could be upgrading to newer, less power hungry components, although that will not be cheap (and newer components tend to use ever more power, even though electricity is not free)

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

23 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

You should add a second rad anyway, so start with that maybe ?

Else just removing the GPU from the loop back on aircooling would be another cheap solution

The problem with that is that I don't want to convert it. I bought it that way from evga

26 minutes ago, Funkii said:

The problem with that is that I don't want to convert it. I bought it that way from evga

Huh crap!

But imo a 2nd rad will be just fine, splitting the loop with 2 pumps is expensive and even more work

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones