Rockstar's first PS4, Xbox One game coming before April 2015

JAKEBAB

Why do you guys support a company that blatantly milks an old series on crappy hardware and purposely delays games? Rockstar is worst than Nintendo rehashing the new super mario bros style to death and modern Capcom combined.

Hopefully it's a new L.A. Noire, GTA V is old news and I'm not even sure its worth the effort of porting and supporting X86 based platforms when the vast majority of people have already finished the game on last gen console

Don't count us out who only do gaming on PC. Console gaming is utter crap imo.

Why do you guys support a company that blatantly milks an old series on crappy hardware and purposely delays games? Rockstar is worst than Nintendo rehashing the new super mario bros style to death and modern Capcom combined.

They're pretty bad but seriously, not nearly as bad as Nintendo. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Don't count us out who only do gaming on PC. Console gaming is utter crap imo.

It's not utter crap, and we should look at it from a business point of view for rockstar, they have to make money, I was just saying how many PC games and next gen console gamers have already played it on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Rockstar Games is working on a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One title that is set to be released before April 2015, said Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick during an investor call today.

"Rockstar Games is hard at work on their upcoming lineup, and we're excited about what they have in store for the new generation of systems this fiscal year," said Zelnick. Take-Two is the parent company of Rockstar Games, and its 2015 fiscal year runs from April 1, 2014, through March 31, 2015.

So it looks like the rumours are going to be true there will be a pc port of gta v this year then Xbox one and ps4 will get it next year.

A new Red Dead??? 0_0

GTA V will be a terrible PC port. There. I said it. Shattered dreams everywhere.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

A new Red Dead??? 0_0

Doubt it.

GTA V will be a terrible PC port. There. I said it. Shattered dreams everywhere.

I highly doubt that as if u have ever played the 360 version u would think that it was ported from pc because its so horrible.

If this is indeed a PC port for GTAV and you sods who are clamoring that you'd purchase it have already bought the version on consoles then I want to personally slap you in the face with a dead fish.

Similarly if this is a 'next-gen' port.

This is why I hate gaming, this is why I wish consoles would just die already.

The average consumer is an absolute idiot.

If this is indeed a PC port for GTAV and you sods who are clamoring that you'd purchase it have already bought the version on consoles then I want to personally slap you in the face with a dead fish.

Hey, it's not just the console consumers. There are plenty of idiots, everywhere.

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

Hey, it's not just the console consumers. There are plenty of idiots, everywhere.

I never said console consumers.

Trust me, I know well enough that the world is littered with people who wouldn't function if they lost their "how to live by breathing" reminder note they've got to staple to their foreheads.

My hangup with the consoles in this instance is that a company can release a game, example being GTAV on the 360 and PS3, people will flock to it, calling it the best game ever and Rockstar rakes in the millions.

Now, potentially, we'll see them re-release the game on 'next-gen' for full price, even if you've previously purchased the game on previous gens, double-dipping despite already most likely making back development costs and comfortably sitting in profit heaven.

If there was just PC, there'd be no more re-releasing a game on next gens, in all my years I've never once come into or witnessed an instance where I had to repurchase a game on a later edition of an OS because it stopped working. If a game didn't work on a newer OS, there'd be a way to emulate an older OS to make it work, or a patch to allow it to work on the newer OS or some such.

(On a side note, it'd also remove console exclusives and also console content exclusives, I'm looking at you, MGS:glorified demo, with your separate missions forcing those who want the full experience to purchase the game more than once.)

I bought gta iv on ps3 then my ps3 broke so i bought an xbox 360 then bought it on that then i found out about lcpdfr and bought it on pc also i bought gta v on 360 but i sold my 360 and all my games so i will be getting it on pc to play with mods and getting it on xbox one to play with my friends.

Edit: I actually built my pc just to play GTA IV LCPDFR MOD.

GTA V port to PC? Meh, I'll love it... even if it sucks.. I'll LOVE it.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

IMO, this is unlikely to be a 'new' title simply because rockstar likes to announce what game it is years in advance: GTA 5 was announced back in October 2011 and it was released 2 years later - I'd guess that this is either a smaller game, or maybe a Port for GTA 5

A PC version would make sense here too as the consoles are now X86

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Doubt it.

I highly doubt that as if u have ever played the 360 version u would think that it was ported from pc because its so horrible.

What makes you think a new Red Dead wont be made?

What makes you think a new Red Dead wont be made?

Because there is a 700000+ petition for a GTA V pc version and there were rumours that the pc version would come out this year and the next gen versions would come out next year and this basically comfirms that also Rockstar usually announce a game well before they release it oh and red dead is made by a different division this is talking about Rockstar north not Rockstar San Diego.

Because there is a 700000+ petition for a GTA V pc version and there were rumours that the pc version would come out this year and the next gen versions would come out next year and this basically comfirms that also Rockstar usually announce a game well before they release it oh and red dead is made by a different division this is talking about Rockstar north not Rockstar San Diego.

Okay then, I'm not challenging you. Just wanna know why it wasn't coming out and yet you make it sound like I'm insulting you.

Okay then, I'm not challenging you. Just wanna know why it wasn't coming out and yet you make it sound like I'm insulting you.

Lol I wasn't trying to be mean or anything I just was saying like all the things that make it more likely to be gta v there still is that chance it is something other than gta v sorry?

Lol I wasn't trying to be mean or anything I just was saying like all the things that make it more likely to be gta v there still is that chance it is something other than gta v sorry?

I'm sorry too but a man can hope. :P

I never said console consumers.

Trust me, I know well enough that the world is littered with people who wouldn't function if they lost their "how to live by breathing" reminder note they've got to staple to their foreheads.

My hangup with the consoles in this instance is that a company can release a game, example being GTAV on the 360 and PS3, people will flock to it, calling it the best game ever and Rockstar rakes in the millions.

Now, potentially, we'll see them re-release the game on 'next-gen' for full price, even if you've previously purchased the game on previous gens, double-dipping despite already most likely making back development costs and comfortably sitting in profit heaven.

If there was just PC, there'd be no more re-releasing a game on next gens, in all my years I've never once come into or witnessed an instance where I had to repurchase a game on a later edition of an OS because it stopped working. If a game didn't work on a newer OS, there'd be a way to emulate an older OS to make it work, or a patch to allow it to work on the newer OS or some such.

(On a side note, it'd also remove console exclusives and also console content exclusives, I'm looking at you, MGS:glorified demo, with your separate missions forcing those who want the full experience to purchase the game more than once.)

Spot on with this. Especially that glorified demo reference to MGS: Uncomplete.

On the contrary, I'm going to buy The Last Of Us for the PS4 and play it fully for the first time, so there are positives about rereleasing games for newer OS.

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

It would be awesome if it was a modern day LA Noire or a GTA Vice City or something, new storyline, new city, new vehicles and new characters, if PC games haven't played on console, they've probably heard heaps about the story and seen videos of gameplay, so somehting new would be cool