What happened to channel super fun?

UnknownWalls

I have notinced that they haven’t realeased a video in half of a year. Anybody know why?

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Linus has mentioned a few times that the channel just wasn't doing well. They've tried to revive it a few times to no avail.

iirc Dennis is also no longer working on channel super fun and is now working on colabs with sponsors

from what i recall something something lots of hours spent on relatively underperforming videos, and it just being straight up difficult to find new and original channel superfun ideas over and over again.

maybe we should all just accept that the jello challenge was peak youtube content, and nothing will ever come close again.

12 hours ago, Edmond Dantes said:

sebastian linus should create a channel called linus sex tips, where he does sex toy reviews while wearing sexy underwear.

Lets keep comments within the PG-13 rating of the forum...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 8:18 AM, starsmine said:

Costs and participation politics is the short answer. 

Just listened to WAN Show where this was brought up. Here's the timestamp:

In short, Dennis got new role as content producer for sponsor spots on WAN. So channel doesn't currently have content manager/producer. Also there's been some internal controversy about prizes for participating and screen time (!). For prizes, its pretty clear that when you have over $100 to win on some stupid challenge and just some portion of 100+ person company, that will cause issues. The screen time argument is bit odd, but I'm guessing it relates to contracts and wages. Meaning that on-screen personel get extra based on some other workers contract besides their actual role in the company. Since I don't think anyone has been hired to LMG to be in front of the camera.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Just listened to WAN Show where this was brought up. Here's the timestamp:

In short, Dennis got new role as content producer for sponsor spots on WAN. So channel doesn't currently have content manager/producer. Also there's been some internal controversy about prizes for participating and screen time (!). For prizes, its pretty clear that when you have over $100 to win on some stupid challenge and just some portion of 100+ person company, that will cause issues. The screen time argument is bit odd, but I'm guessing it relates to contracts and wages. Meaning that on-screen personel get extra based on some other workers contract besides their actual role in the company. Since I don't think anyone has been hired to LMG to be in front of the camera.

IIRC When ChannelSuperFun first launched there was a video on LTT half of a channel super fun type video and half of a gaming video done by Luke with a poll underneath for the new channel. Now that GameLinked launched I guess like ultimately won?

EDIT: here 

1 hour ago, Energy1 said:

IIRC When ChannelSuperFun first launched there was a video on LTT half of a channel super fun type video and half of a gaming video done by Luke with a poll underneath for the new channel. Now that GameLinked launched I guess like ultimately won?

EDIT: here 

Not really. Viewers have been asking LMG to cover games for years. The CSF games were supposed to be like what WAN aftershow was back then. Linus and Luke playing either old games or indie games. But also back then, the viewership was different and there were so many "lets-play" channels and content that it wasn't felt to be enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Not really. Viewers have been asking LMG to cover games for years. The CSF games were supposed to be like what WAN aftershow was back then. Linus and Luke playing either old games or indie games. But also back then, the viewership was different and there were so many "lets-play" channels and content that it wasn't felt to be enough.

Yeah... the lets play market has really dropped of now with most of those channels getting significantly less views. GameLinked looks to be doing reasonably well with gaming news.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, Edmond Dantes said:

sebastian linus should create a channel called linus sex tips, where he does sex toy reviews while wearing sexy underwear.

lol

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!