Smart bracelet and similar devices

kasugatei

I had a similar post few years ago and the situation changed a bit. 
Basically, I want inconspicuous device, something like a bracelet without any displays which will count my steps and my heartbeats. So far here is the result of my research so it will be easier to understand what kind of devices am I looking for. 
Great concept, but with great defects or no longer available:

• Amazon Halo - I was looking forward for this, but Amazon pulled the plug 😞
  • Oura ring - everything is great, I would even pay price premium for the hardware, but paying 6 bucks per month just to have useful app is disgusting 
  • Whoop - looks just like the perfect concept for me, but subscription only model is a great turn off
  • Fitbit Flex 2 - friends with Fitbit have issues with their longevity and this product being discontinued is unfortunate no go. Also no heart rate monitor. 

Something that I am currently looking into, although it doesn’t tick my “no display” box is Garmin Vivosmart 5. I have Garmin Instinct and that thing is serving me well for years, but I want to wear “normal” watches as well and have all the monitoring functions of my Instinct. 

So having everything above in mind, I am looking for a no display bracelet or similar device without any subscriptions so if anyone has something that can suggest, it would be helpful. 
Alternatively, if someone knows about 3rd party bands for Vivosmart 5 which could help me “mask” it as much as possible, I’d be also very happy with that information as well. 

Cheers

20 minutes ago, nardog11 said:

Sorry for not being of much help here, but have you tried looking on alibaba.com, there might be a cheap alternative there? (It'll also be far less stylish and durable, ofc...)

I had Xiaomi band for few months and it died quite quickly. I don’t mind paying more to get good quality software and hardware. I am not very fond with random Chinese manufacturers software. 

My best friend is very petite with lil' wrists and she had a similar issue last year with trying to find an inconspicuous smartwatch.

She's pretty happy with her Vivosmart 4 and I never "notice" it on her wrist.

I would've recommended Misfit activity trackers, but it seems Fossil purchased them and I guess killed them?

They would've been a perfect recommendation.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Is Polar available in your country? Their Loop is pretty much what you might want. It has very basic display, mainly to tell when battery is low or memory full. With IP rating for (I think) at least shower, maybe even swimming. My mom had version 1 for 3-4 years I think and we were thinking of getting another similar, but went to smart watch route instead. It died eventually when the rubber band itself wore down and exposed insides.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

I would've recommended Misfit activity trackers, but it seems Fossil purchased them and I guess killed them?

They would've been a perfect recommendation.

yeah, I actually asked Bard to give me some recommendations and Misfit was there. However they seem to be gone for good. 

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is Polar available in your country? Their Loop is pretty much what you might want. It has very basic display, mainly to tell when battery is low or memory full.

Unfortunately it seems that Loop series has been discontinued. But thanks for the suggestion. 

9 hours ago, kasugatei said:

yeah, I actually asked Bard to give me some recommendations and Misfit was there. However they seem to be gone for good.

Unfortunately it seems that Loop series has been discontinued. But thanks for the suggestion. 

Pretty depressing that the only options have all been discontinued. Guess the mainstream consumer just didn't care.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |