I daily drove this as a gaming CPU for 5 years...

I'm currently watching a video on LTT about the worst CPU ever and I had to post this. It's an AMD Phenom 9500 and I did indeed daily this thing in a budget HP PC from 2008 to 2013 where I managed to build my own PC with an i5 3470 which, compared to this is a rocket-ship! So yeah, played WoW on this, raided and had to look at the ground to get 9 FPS on Elegon and listen out for his audio because I couldn't look up. I'm now a much more accomplished builder and have various PC's under my belt (both sold and personal) and this is what started it all. Rocky start is something of an understatement! :D

20230716_182930.jpg

35 minutes ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

Hey, we all had to start somewhere!! 😉

Very true! I must admit that even though it was not the best, I had some awesome times on that old PC. It's one of those CPUs that I remember being awful but... well, it got me into building and collecting. 😀

My first pc had a Graphics card with 1MB Vram. I remember trying to play Tomb Raider and it was like watching a slideshow 😆 The cpu was an AMD Athlon if I remember correctly.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the super late reply! That is an awesome old PC, my dude! I think the oldest one we have working here is a Socket A. Still need to get into the older stuff than even that, and would love to get my paws on a 486 at some point. Both myself and my brother have been amassing a growing collection of vintage tech, too. It's amazingly fun and wholesome, too. 😀