Finally time for an upgrade

Future proofing all the way!

Future proofing is not a term that i like to use, at least not without coma's ( ''Future proofing'' :) lol)

but yes in a way...the new mainstream consoles will certainly allow game developpers to push the enveloppe much further in terms of fidelity and realism and graphics quality...what will they come up with in 2 or 3 years from now? can't tell...but one thing for sure: The core i7 will do better than the core i5 that's a given.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

nope it's not over kill.

did you not notice? his budget is even overkill.

don't talk about overkill when OP doesn't even want price/performance.

he didn't state he wants price/performance and didn't also state he wants my advice.

so move on kid.

Kid? Your build was terrible. Don't correct what you don't know, and what I recommended was far better.

Well, if he have the budget why not? I think if he want to overclock much higher and want the looks he should consider the H100i. It's a good cooler and looks aesthetically pleasing.

Good cooler? the NH U14s is far superior. It's silent, 40$ less and slightly hotter. Also it looks sort of pleasing. And the h100i has a much larger chance of failing.

Why a core i7 4770k? It's completely overkill for gaming. And the h100i is a terrible cooler for price.

Far better, anything else is completely overkill and stupid. No need to spend 2.5k on a build:

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.63 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($151.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($149.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($222.27 @ TigerDirect) 
Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($433.98 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive:  Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor:  BenQ RL2455HM 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1763.30
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-14 11:16 EDT-0400)

Everyone have a freakin different perspective, so just respect other person opinion -_- 

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

nope it's not over kill.

did you not notice? his budget is even overkill.

don't talk about overkill when OP doesn't even want price/performance.

he didn't state he wants price/performance and didn't also state he wants my advice.

so move on kid.

It's completely overkill you artard. I work with this stuff on a weekly basis.

Good cooler? the NH U14s is far superior. It's silent, 40$ less and slightly hotter. Also it looks sort of pleasing. And the h100i has a much larger chance of failing.

Really? If he had the budget why not. Also if you put a tower case it wouldn't be that good to see. Damn -_-

Kid? Your build was terrible. Don't correct what you don't know, and what I recommended was far better.

Just respect other people perspective.

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

Just respect other people perspective.

Respect other peoples perspective? So I'm supposed to respect a terrible suggestion for the OP? I can respect peoples opinions if they are not flat out retarded.

It's completely overkill you artard. I work with this stuff on a weekly basis.

so do i, and i can assure you that a core i5 for gaming IS overkill for todays games(the ones that are on the shelfs) YES, but for next gen games (the ones that are in development at the moment and will be developped on the years to come for the new gaming consoles) it will most likely not even be enough for highest settings...

i mean look at it this way: How would a core i5 that is seing 90%+ usage in BF4 will be able to run BF5 at full details when it will come out? it won't, you will have to tweek with some

CPU dependant settings...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Respect other peoples perspective? So I'm supposed to respect a terrible suggestion for the OP? I can respect peoples opinions, only if they are not flat out retarded.

Can you just stop being a retard? If he had the budget it's okay to spend more... Also i didn't like big tower standing out the case, If you didn't care about aesthetics it's okay to have a tower cooler but he had the budget and can get an AIO..

"THE RED ARMY"

Can you just stop being a retard? If he had the budget it's okay to spend more...

How exactly am I being retarded? Also, theres a difference between being okay to spend more and being flat out stupid by buying a terrible cooler when there is far better options out there for nearly half the price.

guys please stay polite and conduct yourself like civilised and well educated adults please, or just leave.

so do i, and i can assure you that a core i5 for gaming IS overkill for todays games(the ones that are on the shelfs) YES, but for next gen games (the ones that are in development at the moment and will be developped on the years to come for the new gaming consoles) it will most likely not even be enough for highest settings...

i mean look at it this way: How would a core i5 that is seing 90%+ usage in BF4 will be able to run BF5 at full details when it will come out? it won't, you will have to tweek with some

CPU dependant settings...

And may I ask since when is a core i5 at 90% usage on BF4? Unless its an i5 750. But I do respect your point, atleast you can provide a reason for disagreement.

I didn't mean for this budget for overkill. It is just how much money I saved over the years and I haven't really looked into the new parts' price per performance ratio.

OP if you're having second thoughts don't hesitate i will recommand something even more sensible to your budget.

And may I ask since when is a core i5 at 90% usage on BF4? Unless its an i5 750. But I do respect your point, atleast you can provide a reason for disagreement.

He had the budget and if he want to really spend that much it's his choice. Also i provide the build that fit his budget. If he want to get 2500$ PC well ill go get near that budget.

"THE RED ARMY"

BF4-Average-CPU-usage-chart.png

You can read full arcticle if you want to educate yourself a bit, here:

http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-benchmark-mp-cpu-gpu-w7-vs-w8-1/14/

BF4-Average-CPU-usage-chart.png

You can read full arcticle if you want to educate yourself a bit, here:

http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-benchmark-mp-cpu-gpu-w7-vs-w8-1/14/

That's odd. My i5 2500k is at around 40% on BF4. Guess you learn something everyday. But the amusing thing is that the FX 6300, a cheaper and worse CPU is at 66%. Then again, BF4 utilizes more cores than the majority of games.

He had the budget and if he want to really spend that much it's his choice. Also i provide the build that fit his budget. If he want to get 2500$ PC well ill go get near that budget.

Yes, you can get a 2.5k PC still without a terrible CPU cooler.

It's not that terrible LOL :D

"THE RED ARMY"

That's odd. My i5 2500k is at around 40% on BF4. Guess you learn something everyday. But the amusing thing is that the FX 6300, a cheaper and worse CPU is at 66%. Then again, BF4 utilizes more cores than the majority of games.

On multiplayer you get 40% usage...that would be odd unless you won't play at full ultra settings?

And yes 6 thread capable cheaper FX CPu does see a little bit less core loads because it can handle 6 of them and BF4 does use 6 to 8 threads...doesn't make it faster by any mean though...on all those CPU's

we've mentionned the GPU is the bottleneck...so performance on ALL those listed cpu'S is exactly the same for BF4 ultra multiplayer...it all depends on the GPU you are using...

But for FUTURE games if they use more and more advanced physics and technology and the i5 reach 100% usage than that's it...you can overclock it some to give a slight boost yes...but no more processing power

available means...no more. :)

It's not that terrible LOL :D

You're now resorting to LOL? How mature. Either way, its terrible for its price, warranty, and also they have a much larger fail rate. 

my first PC was a pentium 200 mmx with 16mb (not GB, MB) of RAM and a 2mb graphics card, a 4gb hard drive with 15inch 1024x768 display and i paid 2399$ for it :)

my first PC was a pentium 200 mmx with 16mb (not GB, MB) of RAM and a 2mb graphics card, a 4gb hard drive with 15inch 1024x768 display and i paid 2399$ for it :)

That's ages ago lawl. My first PC was a Intel Pentium 4 with 1gb of DDR ram... And i just tear it up for experiment lol

"THE RED ARMY"

Still, thats besides the point. My current PC is a i5 2500k, OC'd to 4.5GHz with a GTX 590. I got most of the stuff second hand, and I payed around 800$ for it.

On multiplayer you get 40% usage...that would be odd unless you won't play at full ultra settings?

And yes 6 thread capable cheaper FX CPu does see a little bit less core loads because it can handle 6 of them and BF4 does use 6 to 8 threads...doesn't make it faster by any mean though...on all those CPU's

we've mentionned the GPU is the bottleneck...so performance on ALL those listed cpu'S is exactly the same for BF4 ultra multiplayer...it all depends on the GPU you are using...

But for FUTURE games if they use more and more advanced physics and technology and the i5 reach 100% usage than that's it...you can overclock it some to give a slight boost yes...but no more processing power

available means...no more. :)

Also, I do play at Ultra settings.

Still, thats besides the point. My current PC is a i5 2500k, OC'd to 4.5GHz with a GTX 590. I got most of the stuff second hand, and I payed around 800$ for it.

but my point was to show you that spending 2k on an high end system these days aint that crazy at all...

and you have to realise that 2399$ back in 1995 was like almost 4000$+ today !

AND back then those machines were turning obsolete every 6 months or so...with no upgradabilty what so ever...it was sad, really!..intel made a lot of money though

and this allowed for great RnD and allowed you to get a very good core i5 CPU :)

but my point was to show you that spending 2k on an high end system these days aint that crazy at all...

and you have to realise that 2399$ back in 1995 was like almost 4000$+ today !

Yes! And that's why you don't waste a crap ton of money due to the fact that in the next 5 years it will do f*ck all in games.

Jeez guys, I didn't expect this thread to become so controversial.

Hello guys! It is time for me to get an upgrade, so here we go!

1. Budget & Location

It has been awhile since I last looked at new PC parts, so I don't know the price per performance ratio. I have saved up around $2500 USD and I'm from the US.

2. Aim

This system will be primarily for gaming but I'll do an occasional edit and render of a video/ picture for a friend or family. I mostly play fps titles like Titanfall and Battlefield 4, but I play other games like Dota 2.

3. Monitors

I currently play on a Dell U2713HM and I plan on adding a second one for a surround gaming experience, 

4. Peripherals

I already have a mouse and keyboard as well as an operating software. 

5. Why are you upgrading?

I am upgrading because my current rig specs: Athlon X4 620, 4GB of RAM, and a 5770. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3JTAa.  How is this?

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |