LTT camera hardware and 'tech tip' resources?

hi all.

Quick question:

Considering that LMG has a lot of exposure (no pun) to camera tech, and many staff seem to also use a broad range of equipment at home and on personal projects, is there a playlist or some other source where they review and provide tech tips (pun intended) on cameras?

Personally whilst I do know one end of a camera from the other, I am checking this out for a friend who recently complained that anytime he sources out information on cameras they are all paid promotions and pmuch useless. LTT has never led me astray in other areas, so was wondering if there were some resources in cameraland.

tyia 🙂

edited to add: main use case is video.

also: the information regular cameras is well useful for me though, so yeah 🙂

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Have your friend look at the reviews @ https://www.dpreview.com/ (digital photography review)

They cover a ton of cameras for both photography and videography.

Thankyou for that 🙂

Do they also do tech breakdowns? Probs wording this poorly ... as in ways to get the most out of a camera for X or Y?

Edited by neosindan
add ty

Yes, most of the reviews I've read on the site are very detailed and thorough regarding the technical specifications of each lens/camera body. They even have articles regarding different areas of focus on different techniques or "best-practices" for those interested in learning more about improving their camera work. @neosindan

It's also worth noting that photography is very subjective.

Even if your friend picks the "wrong" camera, he'll still get 99% of what he wants - unless he's a videographer and needs specific codecs.

Most modern mirrorless cameras will have great autofocus (especially Sony) and burst shooting.

You're really only choosing a brand for their menu quality and color science. The latter isn't much of an issue since you'll likely do your own post-processing anyways.

Lenses are also both simple and difficult. Reading and watching a bunch of stuff isn't going to help your friend understand what lens and focal length to use because it's going to be extremely situational and dependent on how your friend feels in the moment and the kind of composition he's imagining.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

39 minutes ago, neosindan said:

Thankyou for that 🙂

Do they also do tech breakdowns? Probs wording this poorly ... as in ways to get the most out of a camera for X or Y?

Yes, several of their videos go into details and best use cases, esp. when talking about the new mirrorless rigs

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

oh I should have added that the main use case would be for video. 

also this site is quite good. ty

2 minutes ago, neosindan said:

oh I should have added that the main use case would be for video. 

also this site is quite good. ty

lmao yes, that's a very important distinction.

Well, I have no helpful information for this 🙃

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

12 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

lmao yes, that's a very important distinction.

lmao yea, current at working and working nights ;). Read through my original q. and thought to myself .... um uwtf better add a note for clarity 😉

will also update the op.

16 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

the info you provided is very useful for me though, so tyty

What kind of videography is planned? Studio style work or vlogger/street reporting?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

What kind of videography is planned? Studio style work or vlogger/street reporting?

my understanding it is along the lines of everyday vlog. He has a travel channel and was complaining about difficulty in accessing decent guides on getting the right camera and getting the most out of what he has. I thought to check the LTT community. 

5 hours ago, neosindan said:

my understanding it is along the lines of everyday vlog. He has a travel channel and was complaining about difficulty in accessing decent guides on getting the right camera and getting the most out of what he has. I thought to check the LTT community. 

Any of the modern mirrorless cameras will do more than he can ever need. Pick the one that feels best in his hands and go with that. An uncomfortable to use camera, regardless of specs, will never get used.