Throttlestop

Just send throttlestop screenshot when the cpu is throttling

ok

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Throttlestop

Just send throttlestop screenshot when the cpu is throttling

Screenshot_1.png

@coolguythp

The CPU is not throttling. It is simply maxed out and overloaded. You need a modern and more powerful CPU if you want software or games to run smoothly. 

It is not throttling at 75C. It is running at max speed. Temperatures are good because you are using ThrottleStop to lower the voltage. 

Check the Task Manager. When you have a weak CPU, one extra task compared to before can kill performance. What does ThrottleStop show for C0% when your computer is idle?

2 hours ago, unclewebb said:

@coolguythp

The CPU is not throttling. It is simply maxed out and overloaded. You need a modern and more powerful CPU if you want software or games to run smoothly. 

It is not throttling at 75C. It is running at max speed. Temperatures are good because you are using ThrottleStop to lower the voltage. 

Check the Task Manager. When you have a weak CPU, one extra task compared to before can kill performance. What does ThrottleStop show for C0% when your computer is idle?

no bro it cannot go above 75C The speed goes down to like 0.50 ghz

Just now, coolguythp said:

no bro it cannot go above 75C The speed goes down to like 0.50 ghz

like it tries to go above 75C and then the pc sometimes shutdown

2 hours ago, coolguythp said:

The speed goes down to like 0.50 ghz

The screenshot you posted does not show that. The screenshot shows a N3540 working as hard as it possibly can. 

What is the maximum VID available in ThrottleStop? Keep pressing the up gadget until the VID voltage is maxed out. Are you undervolting your CPU? That can cause a CPU to shut down. 0.6350V at full speed seems very low. When the ThrottleStop Set Multiplier feature is being used on these CPUs, you also have to adjust the voltage. 

Just now, unclewebb said:

The screenshot you posted does not show that. The screenshot shows a N3540 working as hard as it possibly can. 

What is the maximum VID available in ThrottleStop? Keep pressing the up gadget until the VID voltage is maxed out. Are you undervolting your CPU? That can cause a CPU to shut down. 0.6350V at full speed seems very low. When the ThrottleStop Set Multiplier feature is being used on these CPUs, you also have to adjust the voltage. 

The max is 0.6350 and i didnt get the perfect screenshot 

15 hours ago, unclewebb said:

how to adjust voltage cause i dont have fivr

On 7/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, coolguythp said:

it used to throttle at 105c now out of nowhere it became 75C

I'm going to guess there's a hot spot that's not being measured. If you haven't re-pasted the CPU in a long time, I'd recommend giving it a look.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

3 hours ago, coolguythp said:

how to adjust voltage cause i don't have fivr

You can adjust the VID voltage lower to undervolt your CPU. This is how old school Core 2 Duo processors worked before the FIVR was invented. The Pentium N series was actually a hybrid that used some of the older Core 2 Duo technology. Not great for performance but power efficiency was pretty good. Your temperatures are great so I would leave the VID voltage as is. 

3 hours ago, coolguythp said:

I didn't get the perfect screenshot

Turn on the ThrottleStop Log File option. This will record your CPU performance and temperatures and any throttling so you will not have to sit and wait for the perfect screenshot. Attach a log file to your next post. At least 15 minutes of data is nice to see.