Input lag, game stuttering and high CPU Temps - i9 12900K & Geforce 4080 Eagle

Built a new PC from scratch. 
The only thing I didn't purchase was a new cooler, as had an old AIO (which I later found out was bust and clogged)
So I bought a cheap Corasair one while I shopped around.
Cheap Corsair Air Cooler kept Idle temps below 50 and gaming temps below 80 (to be expected)

So I bought Noctua Chromax Black Air Cooler and installed this yesterday.
For some reason my Idling is 42 Degrees Celcius and some games are reaching the 80s.
Modern Warfare 2 was giving me lag, input delay and stuttering. Whilst hitting 82 degrees c.
Bannerlord was smashing 85 degrees c but no delay, input lag or any problems?

Has anyone, ANY idea what I did wrong?

(of course, I have re-administered Thermal paste like 10 times at this point. Reset BIOS. Re-installed the games. Checked everything out on MSI Centre, Core Temps and multiple other Softwares.
My PC should technically be a beast, but it's just not performing like one 😞

Pls help. Thanks a bunch.

Bro got the secret core i12

Jokes aside this is pretty much expected for a 12900k, you can try undervolting abit by setting a negative vcore offset or a static frequency w static voltage

for synthetic workloads it is expected behaviour to hit 100c tjmax (cinebench, prime95, etc.)

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Bro got the secret core i12

Jokes aside this is pretty much expected for a 12900k, you can try undervolting abit by setting a negative vcore offset or a static frequency w static voltage

for synthetic workloads it is expected behaviour to hit 100c tjmax (cinebench, prime95, etc.)

Honestly bro, as soon as it posted I did a LITERAL facepalm, but new to the forums so didn't wanna try edit (if possible) in case I lost the thread LOL. Sound like my parents with technology now!

Yeah the Temperature isn't my main worry, as i've seen plenty of people mention high core temps when using the new wave processors, especially 12900K.
My worry is why games that should be child's play for this machine, are creating so many problems. Clearly I've mucked up somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out where!

Really appreciate you getting abck to me though man.

Just now, TheLemonBalls said:

My worry is why games that should be child's play for this machine, are creating so many problems. Clearly I've mucked up somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out where!

Hmm maybe put the previous cooler back on your cpu and see if that fixes anything

1 minute ago, TheLemonBalls said:

Honestly bro, as soon as it posted I did a LITERAL facepalm, but new to the forums so didn't wanna try edit (if possible) in case I lost the thread LOL. Sound like my parents with technology now!

You can edit the op and thread title just fine on this forum it wont get lost or anything

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Hmm maybe put the previous cooler back on your cpu and see if that fixes anything

You can edit the op and thread title just fine on this forum it wont get lost or anything

It appears (strangely) a BIOS Battery Reset has "Solved" the problem...for now. Bizarre.

And yes, sorted the edit. Appreciate it, my friend!