Wifi Issues

FI Fheonix

So, my PC is having some problems with WIFI where the connection becomes spotty and I stop receiving Wi-Fi temporarily, then I open the Wi-Fi and re connect and it works for another 2 mins. I have already re-installed and updated drivers and reinstalled by Wi-Fi adapter through device manager. I have also restarted windows multiple times and I really dont want to reinstall windows... such a pain in the ass. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

19 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

So, my PC is having some problems with WIFI where the connection becomes spotty and I stop receiving Wi-Fi temporarily, then I open the Wi-Fi and re connect and it works for another 2 mins. I have already re-installed and updated drivers and reinstalled by Wi-Fi adapter through device manager. I have also restarted windows multiple times and I really dont want to reinstall windows... such a pain in the ass. 

You are using the WIFI antenna that came with the motherboard?

54 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

yep.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

2 hours ago, FI Fheonix said:

yep.

3 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Its now getting steadily worse.

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

3 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

Its now getting steadily worse.

Could be something faulty with the antenna, maybe try to buy a WIFI adapter / USB WIFI adapter to see if that helps.

43 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Could be something faulty with the antenna, maybe try to buy a WIFI adapter / USB WIFI adapter to see if that helps.

I really don't want to spend money right now. Anything else?

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

5 hours ago, FI Fheonix said:

Are you connected to 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, FI Fheonix said:

I really don't want to spend money right now. Anything else?

1. What make and model of WiFi adapter?
  2. Which WiFi band are you using? Sounds like a busy 2.4GHz frequency.
  3. Run WiFi Analyzer on the same PC with the problem and post screenshots of the band analyses.

Is your router's firmware up to date? Did this happen after a Windows Update? Both could be to blame for this as well.

41 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Are you connected to 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz? 

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

39 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:
  1. What make and model of WiFi adapter?
  2. Which WiFi band are you using? Sounds like a busy 2.4GHz frequency.
  3. Run WiFi Analyzer on the same PC with the problem and post screenshots of the band analyses.

I am on the 2.4GHz band image.png.a88b9870eca21d8d2a3e54e5f2f17038.pngimage.thumb.png.1091846ff87df9b67ae62c3dc50c36b9.png

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

10 minutes ago, Smith6612 said:

Is your router's firmware up to date? Did this happen after a Windows Update? Both could be to blame for this as well.

So, its actually a hotspot...

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

Hotspots, if it's a portable router or a phone, also run firmware. Make sure it's up to date.

If you can, assuming both devices support 5Ghz, switch the Hotspot to use 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz. This should be configurable in the Settings menu of the Hotspot device.

There may also be a setting for something called Protected Management Frames. Turn this off on the Hotspot side of things, as some devices have a hard time with it.

30 minutes ago, Smith6612 said:

Hotspots, if it's a portable router or a phone, also run firmware. Make sure it's up to date.

If you can, assuming both devices support 5Ghz, switch the Hotspot to use 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz. This should be configurable in the Settings menu of the Hotspot device.

There may also be a setting for something called Protected Management Frames. Turn this off on the Hotspot side of things, as some devices have a hard time with it.

I am aware.

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

13 hours ago, FI Fheonix said:

I am on the 2.4GHz band image.png.a88b9870eca21d8d2a3e54e5f2f17038.pngimage.thumb.png.1091846ff87df9b67ae62c3dc50c36b9.png

The WiFi signal quality is on the weak side. Any way of getting closer to the hotspot?

Does the hotspot carry it's own built-in cellular signal meter? If you're using this device in an area where cellular signal quality is already poor or is competing with other clients, your internet quality will suffer.

2 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

The WiFi signal quality is on the weak side. Any way of getting closer to the hotspot?

Does the hotspot carry it's own built-in cellular signal meter? If you're using this device in an area where cellular signal quality is already poor or is competing with other clients, your internet quality will suffer.

I am aware of that yes.

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn