Power switch pins on the motherboard broken

Hello wise tech wizards. I need some help by people way smarter than me.

So I have an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX which seemed to not start up. I tried to short the power switch pins and eventually it turned on.

So I just bought another power supply to use this board in the future. Now I can't get it to start at all by shorting pins. After inspecting it looks like there is a scratch right above the pins. (pic is hard to see, but that is not a hair or something)

I tried pressing the flash bios button which doesn't start up the system, but flashes an LED which tells me that the mainboard is getting power it just needs the signal to start up.

Are there any other ways to start the machine up? Any other pins or jumpers I can highjack? I know some PCs start up as soon as they have power.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20230622_214254.jpg

The computer starts by connecting the power switch pin / wire to ground for a short period of time. So you only need to care about the wire going into one of the two pins, usually the one with the PLUS , as - is most likely connected to ground that's the same ground everywhere (ex power led - should be same ground as power switch - , same as hdd led - and so on)

A simple solution would be to carefully scrape the paint and layer/coating off the trace where you think it's cut and apply some conductive stuff there... like for example a bit of silver conductive paint, or you could strip the insulation of a thin wire and then tape a short length of wire over the trace across the break in the trace. 

Of course, ideally you'd get a soldering iron station and apply a bit of solder where the trace is cut, but the above suggestions would also work. 

You could configure the system to auto start at power loss (but you need to get into bios to set that up), you could configure bios to auto turn on pc at keyboard press or mouse click, you could get into bios from Windows  (shut down menu, reboot into uefi bios, something like that)...

15 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The computer starts by connecting the power switch pin / wire to ground for a short period of time. So you only need to care about the wire going into one of the two pins, usually the one with the PLUS , as - is most likely connected to ground that's the same ground everywhere (ex power led - should be same ground as power switch - , same as hdd led - and so on)

A simple solution would be to carefully scrape the paint and layer/coating off the trace where you think it's cut and apply some conductive stuff there... like for example a bit of silver conductive paint, or you could strip the insulation of a thin wire and then tape a short length of wire over the trace across the break in the trace. 

Of course, ideally you'd get a soldering iron station and apply a bit of solder where the trace is cut, but the above suggestions would also work. 

You could configure the system to auto start at power loss (but you need to get into bios to set that up), you could configure bios to auto turn on pc at keyboard press or mouse click, you could get into bios from Windows  (shut down menu, reboot into uefi bios, something like that)...

Thanks. With such a delicate operation I wanna make sure to get the right one because it cuts through pretty much all of them. It's really hard to tell which trace is for which pin without desoldering the entire JFP1 header.

It also seems like the traces are coming from the soldering pads above. Tried shorting them too (because nothing to lose at this point) but it didn't work. Without knowing which belongs to which the chances of shorting the right ones are slim. Tried to find layouts of traces online but no luck.