Desperate need of GPU upgrade, what do you think of my choice?

winkawak
44 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

So user benchmark is flat-out wrong. Linus has pointed thatbout a few times.

Also AMD has Ray-Tracing and has since last gen RX 6000 series, but its not as good as Nvidia, meaning the performance hit when you turn it on is worse.

However, Ray-Tracing is still a gimmick and not important to most gamers at this point in time and will probably remain unimportant until RTX 6000 or RTX 7000 series-ish.

Rasterization is what you do right now on the GTX 970. No special features, just pure graphical horsepower and shit-loads of polygons.

"Polygons for Days? Polygons for Days!!! Don't forget about the Bayonets!!!"

AMD is simply a far superior value at every single tier right now and by anlong way, too. On top of that, RX 7000 series Ray-Tracing isn't too bad now, the RX 7900-XTX is only about 10-15% off the RTX 4080 in games with Ray Tracing enabled. So AMD is getting there.

But if you want to buy last gen, RX 6000 series Ray Tracing is far worse, so just stick to raster in that case (meaning leaving Ray-Tracing off).

The RX 6700-XT is by FAR the best value gaming GPU on the market right now. For the same price as Nvidia's new RTX 4060 NON-Ti, you get about 40% more performance and 50% more VRAM and its a VERY STRONG card capable of high refresh rate at 2560x1440p resolution with High/Ultra settings.

Nvidia Mid-Tier is garbage this gen but the 3060 12GB is a decent option from last gen, although the 6700-XT also kicks its ass for the same price.

So unless you truly REQUIRE Nvidia for some reason, 6700-XT, done deal.

Keep in mind these graphs are ULTRA settings which are extremely taxing and deliver hardly any more fidelity for a huge performance hit VS High Settings.

a38zzE8Yp9ZEgbnWG4Wf3F.thumb.png.bd7c0e206884183b3c1cc794dfb32ab1.png

8nFrKQSKRrvUPqZg52o2vE.thumb.png.412ac771db383ad30e7ada1aa47db120.png

Thanks, i have decided to get 6700xt by asrock suggested by RONOTHAN##. My only dilemma right now is if i should wait 3 more days for 4th of july sale or snag it right now with current 20$ off.

1 minute ago, winkawak said:

Thanks, i have decided to get 6700xt by asrock suggested by RONOTHAN##. My only dilemma right now is if i should wait 3 more days for 4th of july sale or snag it right now with current 20$ off.

Thats a good question. I'm not sure if last-gen stuff will get discounted but no harm in waiting a week. GPU sales are at an all-time low in 20 years, so its not like the price will go up, lol 🤣

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

22 hours ago, winkawak said:

12700k i feel can last me at least half a decade for all my want and future proof. 13600k is abit extreme and the requirement for cooling.

The 12700K is literally a waste of your money. Do not buy it. Unless you are getting for dirt cheap or in a bundle where its half off DO NOT BUY IT

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

Ordered my 6700xt (12gb) eariler, im seeing 3070(8gb) for 370$ and another one 400$. From the comparison reviews im reading it seems they are similar. The performance only starts to differ in 3070 favor is when rtx is turned on and gaming at 4k. Do you guys think its worth the 60-100$ more? I know i wont be gaming at 4k since these two gpu at 4k mostly performs under 60fps. So it boils down to do i need rt for 60-100$ more? lol idk i never had rtx with my 970 hahaha

8 hours ago, FI Fheonix said:

The 12700K is literally a waste of your money. Do not buy it. Unless you are getting for dirt cheap or in a bundle where its half off DO NOT BUY IT

how come? i7 is a sweet spot for me, i got it when it first released for my new build which didnt finish building due to ddr5 shortage and price hike until 6 month later.

On 6/30/2023 at 5:42 PM, winkawak said:

how come? i7 is a sweet spot for me, i got it when it first released for my new build which didnt finish building due to ddr5 shortage and price hike until 6 month later.

the 13600K has more cores performs better and has a higher boost clocks and is cheaper. its a no-brainer bud.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn