I was ASSAULTED by a Youtuber!

Randy R

I attended a convention 9 days ago. While at the convention, a well known and popular troll youtuber filmed an interaction with me where he physically assaulted me. I did not consent to the interaction. I also separately had a badge hanging from a lanyard with my artwork on it. Both my artwork and footage of me being assaulted is now on his new youtube video uploaded yesterday which has now over 2.4 million views. 

I don't know what to do in order to get this video off of youtube. Please help!

I don't wish to provide the video link or the name of the youtuber, I am already highly embarrassed and traumatized by the situation.

You can issue a copyright strike and see if he'll take off the video from youtube once he stops making money from it.

Apart from that, you can send a cease and desist, obtain an injonction, pursue legal action or simply get to talk with someone on his team about the issue. It's hard to recommend a specific procedure since we don't know you and him at all.

Have a nice day !

You should download a copy of the video, all available evidence.

Contact the organisers of the convention straight away.

If you believe you have been physically assaulted, contact the police immediately. Do not try and contact the youtuber in question or anyone representing them until you have had professional advice.

5 minutes ago, Randy R said:

a well known and popular troll youtuber filmed an interaction with me where he physically assaulted me

Frank Hasstle????

22 minutes ago, whispous said:

You should download a copy of the video, all available evidence.

Contact the organisers of the convention straight away.

If you believe you have been physically assaulted, contact the police immediately. Do not try and contact the youtuber in question or anyone representing them until you have had professional advice.

100% this.

IDK Why this is in troubleshooting, but if this is real, get copies of everything you can, and then contact the police and the convention directly.

-= Locked =-

You have been given some pretty solid advice, but I must state that this is not the best place to inquire on or for legal advice as we cannot offer it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER