Can't install CPU fan onto motherboard.

Kanna
Go to solution Solved by Kanna,

Update, we solved it with a mix of the tips here and own thinking, we temporarily mounted this one as good as we could as it was quite difficult, and ordered a new one with better mounting and performance that will arrive in a few days.

My friend had to change the thermal paste in his PC as temps were just way too high, but then I noticed his cooler just pulled right off, didn't think much but when I tried to put it back it just wouldn't clip in so it was loose everytime in the mounting holes, the cooler is a cooler master hyper TX3i and the board is an Asus Rog Strix b360-f gaming. My description is not the best, but feel free to try help anyway. Edit : here we got two in on the left but the other two don't feel like they go in even with force

16872766888584120612875324006551.jpg

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Yes, on those old OEM Intel style mounts you have to push the black plastic push rod thru AFTER the white one goes thru the board, that spreads the white tips of the outside white one to grab the mobo pcb on the other side, but to lock it in you have to turn the black piece in the middle that you just punched thru. Theyre a PITA and is a great reason to update your cooler or change the mounting system to something else that you mod/make. Worst system ever! You see in your pict how the upper left/lower left ones have the black tip thru the white? The rest do not? Thats the problem.

For mounting those push pin coolers

1   3

2   4

Imagine these are the pins, so youll wanna start off by mounting a pin, so pin 1 for instance, then the pin opposite to pin 1 which is pin 4 youll also wanna mount it, needs a shit ton of force to mount but youll wanna push down on the metal bracket below the push pin and keep pushing till you can actually mount pin 4, then its simply doing the same thing for the other 2 pins

You will need a ton of force so dont go easy with it, just make sure the board isnt bending too much or anything

I do this for mounting 775 copper cores but im sure its applicable here aswell

5 minutes ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

- snip -

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

- snip -

Yeah I forwarded that my friend might eventually need an upgrade, but as for this one I put a lot of force but the black pin just won't pop in place or should I turn it while pressing down, it's kinda sketchy because I don't want to press since the mobo is like almost flexing

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Asus ROG G531GT : i7-9750H - GTX 1650M +700mem - MSI RX6600 Armor 8G M.2 eGPU - Samsung 16+8GB PC4-2666 - Samsung 860 EVO 500G 2.5" - 1920x1080@145Hz (172Hz) IPS panel

Family PC : i5-4570 (-125mV) - cheap dual-pipe cooler - Gigabyte Z87M-HD3 Rev1.1 - Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB PC3-1600 - Corsair VX450W - an old Thermaltake ATX case

Test bench 1 G3260 - i5-4690K - 6-pipe cooler - Asus Z97-AR - Panram Blue Lightsaber 2x4GB PC3-2800 - Micron CT500P1SSD8 NVMe - Intel SSD320 40G SSD

iMac 21.5" (late 2011) : i5-2400S, HD 6750M 512MB - Samsung 4x4GB PC3-1333 - WT200 512G SSD (High Sierra) - 1920x1080@60 LCD

Test bench 2: G3260 - H81M-C - Kingston 2x4GB PC3-1600 - Winten WT200 512G

Acer Z5610 "Theatre" C2 Quad Q9550 - G45 Express - 2x2GB PC3-1333 (Samsung) - 1920x1080@60Hz Touch LCD - great internal speakers

12 minutes ago, thekingofmonks said:

I checked this out, and it's the method I'm doing, but these spin things don't have a stop

Reminder⚠️

Update, we solved it with a mix of the tips here and own thinking, we temporarily mounted this one as good as we could as it was quite difficult, and ordered a new one with better mounting and performance that will arrive in a few days.

Reminder⚠️