Eschalon Book II FREE on GOG June 19th

Paul Rudd

Is it good?

This post has been ninja-edited while you weren't looking.

I'm a used parts bottom feeder.  Your loss is my gain.

I like people who tell good RGB jokes.

50 minutes ago, r00tb33r said:

Is it good?

I know very little about this game but it seems to me that it actually could be an overlooked one because not only did it release in 2010, which its screenshots don't exactly portray, the game's development was largely kept secret. The developer of the Eschalon series believes that most game developers release too much information about their products, spoiling the game when you eventually play it.

Upon a quick glimpse of gameplay it is in my opinion that you have to be into these types of games in order to actually play through them, let alone enjoy them. There's lots of reading you'll be doing and the combat is turn-based. Although it looks to me that the combat is in real-time so I'm not sure how it's actually based on turns.

A couple of positives I saw were two things, the weather and the environment design. And by environment design it's tough to describe exactly what I'm referring to so I'll post a screenshot of what immediately caught my eye...

01eschalon.thumb.png.bd48fdc0ee5914053b6303bd0fec2274.png

Forgive the blurriness, I had to screenshot from a random source on this one. And I don't know if you can see it or not but this world in which this character is roaming upon, is actually in the sky. So when you move, the environment looks different than your average game. Not sure if this is something from other games but I've never seen it done exactly like this before.

It's little things like this though that I could see people enjoying provided they actually play the game and getting to these types of moments in the game.

1 hour ago, Paul Rudd said:

Eschalon Book II is FREE right now on GOG. 87% Very Positive reviews on Steam... Link.

You can get Eschalon Book II until June 21, 2023.

Thanks for always giving info about freebies.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

I know very little about this game but it seems to me that it actually could be an overlooked one because not only did it release in 2010, which its screenshots don't exactly portray, the game's development was largely kept secret. The developer of the Eschalon series believes that most game developers release too much information about their products, spoiling the game when you eventually play it.

Upon a quick glimpse of gameplay it is in my opinion that you have to be into these types of games in order to actually play through them, let alone enjoy them. There's lots of reading you'll be doing and the combat is turn-based. Although it looks to me that the combat is in real-time so I'm not sure how it's actually based on turns.

A couple of positives I saw were two things, the weather and the environment design. And by environment design it's tough to describe exactly what I'm referring to so I'll post a screenshot of what immediately caught my eye...

01eschalon.thumb.png.bd48fdc0ee5914053b6303bd0fec2274.png

Forgive the blurriness, I had to screenshot from a random source on this one. And I don't know if you can see it or not but this world in which this character is roaming upon, is actually in the sky. So when you move, the environment looks different than your average game. Not sure if this is something from other games but I've never seen it done exactly like this before.

It's little things like this though that I could see people enjoying provided they actually play the game and getting to these types of moments in the game.

I do like the aesthetics, though I don't have much experience with the turn-based RPG genre.

This post has been ninja-edited while you weren't looking.

I'm a used parts bottom feeder.  Your loss is my gain.

I like people who tell good RGB jokes.

5 minutes ago, r00tb33r said:

I do like the aesthetics, though I don't have much experience with the turn-based RPG genre.

If you hate too much reading, and you don't like slow-paced games.
This game probably isn't for you.

But then again, it's free, so atleast you don't lose money to try it.

Even if you decide to try it over long period of time.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.